Melissa had just reached 2.5 feet!

ChamAllen

She is the most healthy lizard I have ever seen. When in the back yard she eats sparrows and fence swifts and even baby ducks!

She is bigger than all the Parson I have seen and much bigger than Oustis.

She is afraid of even the smallest other chameleon species but likes my Panther Ziggy and the other Meller's in her free range.

She hates when my Veiled (Osama) tries to take over her free range area.

Anyone ever heard of this?

See pic below.

Attachments

• Melissa 3 feet.jpg
    Melissa 3 feet.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 314
Heard of what exactly, that she doesn't like to be near your veiled? , yes I would say that is completely normal!

I almost have to throw the BS card on the eating baby ducks though, I know she is big but so is a baby duck. I'd love to see some proof of that.

2 1/2 feet? No way. I would like to see your chameleon on a tape measurer. Baby ducks? For real??? :confused:

Heard of what exactly, that she doesn't like to be near your veiled? , yes I would say that is completely normal!

I almost have to throw the BS card on the eating baby ducks though, I know she is big but so is a baby duck. I'd love to see some proof of that.

ditto ditto ditto. . . . . . . . .

I have two large adult mellers, one is giant, and neither one could fit a hatchling duck in either of their mouths.

So I guess you wouldn't believe this...

The rare Arctic Cham (Chameleo Kolderplezium) is so large that it is used by Eskimo's to pull dog sleds.

I saw the photo of her and Ziggy together from the other day, she doesn't seem THAT much bigger. Bigger, yes, but if he's a typically-sized panther then she seems fairly average for a Meller's. Roughly around 20ish inches in length and perhaps somewhere around 300-400 grams?

Her on a yard-stick or something similar for size reference and a weight would be more definitive.

I could be mistaken, but I feel as if some people are missing the hyperbole that seemed to have been intended from the OP :rolleyes:

The rare Arctic Cham (Chameleo Kolderplezium) is so large that it is used by Eskimo's to pull dog sleds.

That's nothing. The Chameleo ubermammothus was originally responsible for the Gojira myth. It could breathe fire, had bulletproof skin, and caused solar eclipses with it's mind! Sadly, destruction of it's natural suboceanic lava cave habitat and the extinction of its primary prey (the unicorn) has lead to a steep decline in the species.

All funnies aside, Meller's are so gorgeous... I will forgive a bit of hyperbole :D

That's nothing. The Chameleo ubermammothus was originally responsible for the Gojira myth. It could breathe fire, had bulletproof skin, and caused solar eclipses with it's mind! Sadly, destruction of it's natural suboceanic lava cave habitat and the extinction of its primary prey (the unicorn) has lead to a steep decline in the species.

All funnies aside, Meller's are so gorgeous... I will forgive a bit of hyperbole :D

Please place a specimen of each on a tape measure with time-stamped video evidence...:D

Don't forget we'll be seeing nine fine specimens of Chameleo Caribounescis in about a week! That one with the crimson rostral process is famous, you know.
Make sure you leave some locusts out for them next to the cookies and milk...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom