Meet Pellinore the Meller's

Update-already had a health issue. I noticed a swelling on the "lip" or juncture of the mouth. (picture).

Dale said he had never seen this problem :(

So I examined the mouth using qtips with diluted betadine. There was something linear between his cheek and gums-possibly a cricket leg but could not tell. Once I got that out and cleaned very well, the lips appeared normal. I think it was really irritating him though like when we get meat between our teeth.

I could not see (using magnification) any gum involvement thankfully.

Another example of being vigilant as I have no doubt this simple thing would have progressed without treatment.

View attachment 326075View attachment 326076
I’m glad you caught that early before it turned into a bigger issue.

Night time temp drop. Just about all chams need drop in temps at night. For most 60 65 at night. Some colder
True but it just seemed a little more specific with this type of breed. I didn't have to buy a ac unit for my Veiled Chams. Maybe they live in area where it's hotter in the evenings maybe?

True but it just seemed a little more specific with this type of breed. I didn't have to buy a ac unit for my Veiled Chams. Maybe they live in area where it's hotter in the evenings maybe?
He is in a separate room in a warehouse. Gets above 85 day and may stay 75 at night in hottest times, so not cool enough in either day or evening for Meller's-or honestly any cham. (His lights would push temp over 85 inside the enclosure)

Veiled need night drop too.

Veiled need night drop too.
Yes they do but I personally don't need an A/C unit to get the required temp drop that they need. So I'm fortunate there. Dinomom was kind enough to answer my question which makes total sense. :)

Back
Top Bottom