Meet my little buddy, Aboki. Green/Blue Ambilobe Panther

psahmn

The first pic is from a few months ago, and the second was taken today. I am going to be moving to San Diego next month and I'm sure he will enjoy having more natural sunlight! I am a little nervous about driving out there with him in the car, though. Has anyone here roadtripped with their cham before? Any tips? Thanks in advance!

vwGUnUV.jpg

gDJjvQz.jpg

Very nice photos! You have a very handsome little buddy.

I travel with my chameleons allot but I don't put them in a box like some keepers do. I have short trees that will fit in my car and they love sitting up in the top of the tree and looking around. I sit the trees in the floor and not in the seats of the car. Before you try this I would recommend a few short trips around town to see how your little guy likes it. Another alternative to the box would be a small cage that would fit in your car and again I'd try that around town a few times first to see how he likes it.

I highly recommend putting him in a box or small cage and securing him behind either your seat or passenger seat floor!! Reason being, my wife and I were traveling home with our cham, she in the passenger side and myself driving. A car pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop in time!! We both had our seat belts on, but upon impact both driver side and passenger side air bags deployed and literally squished our cham into my wife's chest and killed him instantly!! We were both devastated and learned a valuable lesson that day!!:(

I highly recommend putting him in a box or small cage and securing him behind either your seat or passenger seat floor!! Reason being, my wife and I were traveling home with our cham, she in the passenger side and myself driving. A car pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop in time!! We both had our seat belts on, but upon impact both driver side and passenger side air bags deployed and literally squished our cham into my wife's chest and killed him instantly!! We were both devastated and learned a valuable lesson that day!!:(

OMG!! That would be devastating! I can't imagine having that happen! :(

That is so sad and I am so sorry for your loss. Accidents do happen and we take a chance on everything that we do in life.

That is so sad and I am so sorry for your loss. Accidents do happen and we take a chance on everything that we do in life.

You are absolutely right Jann, now I am constantly thinking of ways to prevent as many accidents as I possibly can!! Having two kids gives you that mindset as well...:D. By the way OP, very nice looking cham you have there as well!!

Back
Top Bottom