meet fruitloop the chameleon:)

chey<3

C84FA44D-2B70-4EEE-8315-00321FD2CA80.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!
Be careful with the dog being near the chameleon...it might decide to bite it.

We had a dog that almost swallowed a green anole. It was on my arm and decided to take a leap of faith... Unfortunately, it leaped directly into the dog's mouth. I don't even remember too clearly except that my hand went down the dogs throat after the anole, and I managed to pull him out by the base of the tail (anoles can drop their tails, so there was that too... :oops:)

Miraculously, everyone was OK! 😥 :)

We had a dog that almost swallowed a green anole. It was on my arm and decided to take a leap of faith... Unfortunately, it leaped directly into the dog's mouth. I don't even remember too clearly except that my hand went down the dogs throat after the anole, and I managed to pull him out by the base of the tail (anoles can drop their tails, so there was that too... :oops:)

Miraculously, everyone was OK! 😥 :)
that must have been terrifying! I’m so sorry! I always make sure to keep fruitloop and pepper at a distance for safety. I have two other dogs that I would never let near fruitloop! They would try and hurt him for sure.

that must have been terrifying! I’m so sorry! I always make sure to keep fruitloop and pepper at a distance for safety. I have two other dogs that I would never let near fruitloop! They would try and hurt him for sure.
There wasn't time to be terrified. As soon as the anole jumped, everything went into slo-mo.
Our reaction got the dog worked up, and she thought the game was to catch the little moving thing before anyone else, so she did. I trusted the dog, so I didn't even think about jamming my hamfist down that poor border collies throat—it happened. I think the dog may have been more surprised than we were. At least we knew what was going on (which is more than I can say for the dog)!

Just one of those things that was funny 5 min after it happened.

Back
Top Bottom