Meet Fella!

A screen cage is really cheap in the US.
Im not here to harass and to "jump" over people, im here to help guys like you. Not even for those months i clearly recommend putting them in seperate cages already. There screen cages that cost less than 80$.

And clearly you didnt plan this as i and many others gave you tips and feedback since last time. You should never buy the animals until you're completly set up.

Sorry for being this negative, but we gave you tips and feedback so you could change the wrong things you did last time until your next chameleon.

Julirs why to wait until later? If you already bought a second chameleon then you should always have a cage in case of trouble. As you said Lyann they are already fighting for territory and if I remember that cage it isnt that big.

Eyal

Those are both very young chams-but I agree with Eyal on immediately separating if you see signs of stress in either cham as well as being fully prepared BEFORE you get a second chameleon.

Since you are the owner of these 2 lovely chameleons, my wish is for you to be able to provide them the best care suitable to their needs as chameleons just as good as they have been providing you the sense of warmth of having them as members of your families.

So, good luck with your new chameleons.
I wish the best for you and your chams.

Last edited:
They are both young so yes--for now it is OK-but by 4 months separate them for sure. Pegboard will not work in a chameleon cage-I am not sure you could seal that stuff well enough to have it not fall apart. Why not buy aluminum screen cages?

I have some stuff to seal it with. It'll be fine, and it not, it'll be something I can use for the time being.

A screen cage is really cheap in the US.
Im not here to harass and to "jump" over people, im here to help guys like you. Not even for those months i clearly recommend putting them in seperate cages already. There screen cages that cost less than 80$.

And clearly you didnt plan this as i and many others gave you tips and feedback since last time. You should never buy the animals until you're completly set up.

Sorry for being this negative, but we gave you tips and feedback so you could change the wrong things you did last time until your next chameleon.

Julirs why to wait until later? If you already bought a second chameleon then you should always have a cage in case of trouble. As you said Lyann they are already fighting for territory and if I remember that cage it isnt that big.

Eyal

Dude, the cage will be screened. I have have to tweak it and put the pegboard in the middle of the new cage before I put screening on it. I can't afford an $80 cage when I can make one cheaper. I've listened to feedback, and as long as both Tweety and Fella are happy and healthy, we're good.

So much negativity!!!! Dudes and dudettes, seriously...they are fine!!! They aren't fighting over anything. They aren't hostile. They just don't want to touch each other and they share stuff. Sigh!!!!! :mad:

Not negativity, just the facts. I think you would have expected this. Why dident you have a set up for him before he came? I mean really, if you had the time to decide to get another cham, why not take the time and have a setup ready for him?

impulse animal buying is not good.

Dude, the cage will be screened. I have have to tweak it and put the pegboard in the middle of the new cage before I put screening on it. I can't afford an $80 cage when I can make one cheaper. I've listened to feedback, and as long as both Tweety and Fella are happy and healthy, we're good.

Alright, MY only thought is...If you cannot afford an 80$ cage (which is actually really high..you can find them cheaper on LLLreptile, reptiledirect.com,ebay,craigslist.org...ect), how can you afford the amount it takes to maintain chams.. A cage is a one time purchase..what about food, lights, plants, vet care....Just wondering...

And no negativity. I have only been on here for over a month and Ive already seen this being your..third cham? You know you got lectured on your setup the last 2 times yet you have done nothing to change it..

Is Tweetys cage at least closed in this time with a top on it?

Reactions: Syn
So much negativity!!!! Dudes and dudettes, seriously...they are fine!!! They aren't fighting over anything. They aren't hostile. They just don't want to touch each other and they share stuff. Sigh!!!!! :mad:

Hi Annette,

Don't get mad. So many people come here wanting advice and when it is given, it usually tweaks some nerves. There have been so many recent threads that bring up the very things discussed last month, the month before, and every month before that.

Please just heed the advice and do things right this time so you don't have problems. Many of us have seen problems with various set-ups, whether from our own experiences, or from those who have shared on forums and email lists over the years.

This is not a new hobby. A lot of the basic husbandry practices repeated here are very simple practices that have proven themselves to be the best over the years.

Last edited:
I wont talk anymore about this, i will leave it to other guys, ive been trying to help. You cannot just make 1 screen cage half it size to get 2 chams in there for being cheap. It will get to narrow.

That was my last advice.
God bless your chams.

I wont talk anymore about this, i will leave it to other guys, ive been trying to help. You cannot just make 1 screen cage half it size to get 2 chams in there for being cheap. It will get to narrow.

That was my last advice.
God bless your chams.

LyanLynn, from reading your other posts, it seems that you are pretty handy at DIY. Make another cage. If you haven't taken out that aluminum BAKING dish on the bottom of the cage - please please do so now. The aluminum is going to reflect the basking light heat back UP. It is a baking dish and that's what it's going to do.... BAKE. Find some other type of container with a NON-REFLECTIVE SURFACE. I keep my plants in plastic trays and cover any exposed screen floor areas with plain white bath towels which are changed out everyday and washed in HOT water.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Grabby. I do agree that she was almost certainly ill when you purchased her. Now that you have your veils, please please don't handle them unless absolutely necessary. The only time I handle Gizmo (my panther) is when I'm taking him to or from his outside sunning area.

Here are some pics of Gizmo's cage

Keep reading this site - there is a wealth of information here. Good luck.

Last edited:
And no negativity. I have only been on here for over a month and Ive already seen this being your..third cham? You know you got lectured on your setup the last 2 times yet you have done nothing to change it..

Same here...

Not negativity, just the facts. I think you would have expected this. Why dident you have a set up for him before he came? I mean really, if you had the time to decide to get another cham, why not take the time and have a setup ready for him?

impulse animal buying is not good.

To most, on impulse it isn't good, but that's the type of person I am.

Alright, MY only thought is...If you cannot afford an 80$ cage (which is actually really high..you can find them cheaper on LLLreptile, reptiledirect.com,ebay,craigslist.org...ect), how can you afford the amount it takes to maintain chams.. A cage is a one time purchase..what about food, lights, plants, vet care....Just wondering...

Is Tweetys cage at least closed in this time with a top on it?

Seems like everyone wants to lecture me because I am not as experienced as others. Tweety and Fella's home has a screened in top, two lights, a basking light, plenty of plants and places for them to hide. As for food, I buy food in bulk. If they aren't anything else, they are well fed. As for Fella's idea of sharing, well, we're working on that. :)

Seems like everyone wants to lecture me because I am not as experienced as others. Tweety and Fella's home has a screened in top, two lights, a basking light, plenty of plants and places for them to hide. As for food, I buy food in bulk. If they aren't anything else, they are well fed. As for Fella's idea of sharing, well, we're working on that. :)

You know what, I am going to openly apologize. I had my patooty handed to me after I made this comment.. I lost a cham as did you and mistakes were made. People have a hard time on here letting it be forgotten. I can tell you are very into your chams and want the best for them or you wouldnt subject yourself to this ridicule. If you come here for advice, you must be willing to take it though. The people here (most of them) are passionate about these beautiful creatures and do not want any of them to suffer. So just be the best cham owner you can be and everything will be alright..And Im Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom