Meet Fella!

lyanlynn

Hi everyone! I've added a male veiled to my miniature zoo. His name is Fella, and it was supposed to be Tweety and her Fella, but at first she would rather fall off of a "branch" than be in his sight. He has a thing for sitting on my head and once he grabbed a sensitive part of my nose and holy cow it hurt! He keeps calm colors with me and is a little escape artist. He came from FLChams and seems HUGE compared to Tweety.

Attachments

• Fella 004.jpg
    Fella 004.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Fella 007.jpg
    Fella 007.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Fella 002.jpg
    Fella 002.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Fella 001.jpg
    Fella 001.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 145
Once my veiled crawled up my face, grabbed onto the middle of my nose holes (lol!) and pinched, and stayed there for about a minute, my eyes were watering hellishly.

Once my veiled crawled up my face, grabbed onto the middle of my nose holes (lol!) and pinched, and stayed there for about a minute, my eyes were watering hellishly.

That's exactly where he grabbed, but he was nice enough, at least that time, to move at a decent speed.:D

Looks good lyanlynn. Just don't show your shella to your fella just yet. you don't want to stress her out. Also, he may seem fine with you... but leave him in his cage please. I know you've gotten the full monty from your previous threads. Just take that advice to heart. It will mean a long stressless life for your cham.

woot woot be glad to be apart of the CA (chameleon anonymous) were all addicted and more than privileged to be owners of such an amazing animal

woot woot be glad to be apart of the CA (chameleon anonymous) were all addicted and more than privileged to be owners of such an amazing animal

Haha, Been there!

Lynn: Looks good,but as always, veiled are very feisty. Its hard for me being such a hands on person to not want to hold Leo, just stare at him through the screen, but i know that they are not creatures who need human nurturing. Good luck and dont let Tweety fall off too many branches...

Haha, Been there!

Lynn: Looks good,but as always, veiled are very feisty. Its hard for me being such a hands on person to not want to hold Leo, just stare at him through the screen, but i know that they are not creatures who need human nurturing. Good luck and dont let Tweety fall off too many branches...

Tweet Tweet is good. That was a one time reaction. It shocked the crap out of me though. Everyone is all adjusted. I've had him for going on three weeks, so everything is everything. He doesn't appear to like worms though. Oh well! As long as he's eating the crickets, I can't complain. :)

Hey there Annette! Awesome little chameleon. You look very happy to have him. :)

I can't help but notice that you have such clean fingernails!!! LOL I'm one of those people who cringe at photos of chameleons perched on nasty, dirty fingernails. :eek:

Happy for you getting a new cham. Just dont handle him that much now lyann and keep it up, post a pic on his housing please.

Hey there Annette! Awesome little chameleon. You look very happy to have him. :)

I can't help but notice that you have such clean fingernails!!! LOL I'm one of those people who cringe at photos of chameleons perched on nasty, dirty fingernails. :eek:

I totally wasn't even paying attention to my nails. Wow! I hate to see them dirty, and I've since cut them off. They get in the way of my typing. I am very happy to have him. He's not shy when he sees me. He does everything but poop in front of me, but of course he leaves it where I can see it! :D

Im curious too. I know last time, there was a lot of discussion over TWeety's home and not have a top on it I believe. I was wondering if they were being kept together...

I seriously contemplated not answering the housing question because everyone seems to jump on me at one time even though I KNOW and COMPREHEND what everyone is saying. Anyway, right now they live together. Both are still very young, couple of months, and yes, I know that by like four months we're pushing the cohabitation. I'm going to work on their separate, but connected homes later this afternoon. They seem to get along pretty well. If Tweety doesn't want to be around him, she moves. If she wants to be warm and is tired of him sitting in her favorite basking spot, she keeps moving up on him until he moves. Both eat and drink normally. There is a top on the home now. I tried putting him in a temporary home, but he kept finding ways to escape, and even when his home was warmer than her's, he'd find his way into her home. She then thought it would be fun to give me a heart attack and climb up in the curtains and it took a bit to find her. Then they both thought it would be fun to play on the blinds and give mom another heart attack because they were both missing. So, yep, a top was a must. AGAIN, no need to tell me to put them in separate homes, they will have their own homes soon. They will be separated by peg board, so unless we have peeping toms, they won't be able to see one another. :D

They are both young so yes--for now it is OK-but by 4 months separate them for sure. Pegboard will not work in a chameleon cage-I am not sure you could seal that stuff well enough to have it not fall apart. Why not buy aluminum screen cages?

Back
Top Bottom