Meet Fella!

I agree.. But she did buy Grabby at Petsmart. Not sure where the other 2 came from as Im not gonna go back and try to find it..but unfortunately, Petsmart could give a rats @$$ about where the Cham goes, just as long as it does..and then things like this happen. I agree, I took a stab and I apologized. I think most of the people on here have VERY valid points but I think she has her mind made up and just feels attacked rather than helped.

I read your apology BlackBetty, it was very well written. That took a lot of class (and self control if you ask me). But in this case, I didn't feel it was necessary. You are passionate about the truths in chameleon keeping.

I read your apology BlackBetty, it was very well written. That took a lot of class (and self control if you ask me). But in this case, I didn't feel it was necessary. You are passionate about the truths in chameleon keeping.

Aw tonia! Thanks!!! :) Yea, I know it felt to be backlashed and I felt terrible for turning around and doing the same and I didnt want to be a coward and PM her (although I did with some info the other day and have yet to hear anything back), so I thought if I apologized, it might motivate her to know that not all people are ganging up and we are here to HELP..But apparently it didnt go as planned.:(

It's unfair to say the original poster has bad judgement. In her avatar picture she wears a seatbelt. That is good judgement, right?

Aw tonia! Thanks!!! :) Yea, I know it felt to be backlashed and I felt terrible for turning around and doing the same and I didnt want to be a coward and PM her (although I did with some info the other day and have yet to hear anything back), so I thought if I apologized, it might motivate her to know that not all people are ganging up and we are here to HELP..But apparently it didnt go as planned.:(

BlackBetty - PM Sent.

SOME people take better care of themselves than their pets...

Anyways, Lyan.. NO ONE on here is telling you this to get under your Skin, kid. They want your chams to be healthy and happy.. and im sure the breeder being a site sponsor doesn't like seeing their cham in such a situation..So please, Just take the advice, do the best you can with it, and give your chams the life they deserve..regardless of what you feel is right. Its been proven that its not always correct. There are experts in this who are offering you loads of information..Stop turning your nose up at it and do something before its too late!

Taken from: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-anthropomorphism.htm

People frequently use anthropomorphism when describing animals, especially pets. Dressing a dog in sweaters, or attributing human emotions to animals can become a bit excessive. Though it is clear animals have some emotions, they may not be exactly human emotions.

Pet lovers tend to see expression of emotions in animals as a clear sign of their human qualities. It can be deeply disturbing for young children, particularly, to see a cat that is loving and sweet act on instinct and kill a baby bird. The danger of anthropomorphizing pets is that we may ignore some of their true signals by exerting and believing in their “humanity.”

In general, however anthropomorphism serves as a way to illustrate points, or to facilitate our understanding of things that seem foreign. However, viewing the world from an entirely anthropomorphized perspective may cause some human-centered blindness since it fails to take into account the perspective of beings we do not thoroughly understand.

Back
Top Bottom