Mean baby veiled

Bubblesbabycham

hello!!! I have a baby veiled, he is about 5 months now and I've had him since he was 2 weeks old. When he was a baby we was okay with me taking him out but when he got to around 2-3 months he got really mean. Every time I put my hand near him he tries to bite me, he never acts scared though he just wants to bite. I recently moved him into a bigger cage thinking that'll help but he still tries to bite me. The only way I can get him out is when I'm cleaning his cage and he is forced out. SOMEONE HELP HOW DO I MAKE MY BABY LIKE ME AGAIN :( ps. He hates everyone

At a certain point in a veiled chameleons life they kinda go through a "teenager" phase. He may or may not ever want to be held again. Of course hand feeding is your best friend when it comes to gaining trust. Never force him and let him come to you. My male grew up to be a complete jerk. Their personalities are all different.

I was in the same situation 1 month ago my chameleon is 4 months old. I use a cup but I put my hand on his way to the cup so he has to decide to get in my hand to reach the crickets or whatever I'm feeding him hehehe, it is working so far. Now he sees my hand and doesn't run away or "scream", I hope we will climb to my hand in the future by himself.

My male veiled had that personality change... He used to be tolerant of me and let me handle him and hand feed. Now he goes out of his way to try and bite me.

When we got our veiled he was very timid and would hide whenever we opened the door he soon learned that we bring him food and that changed we then started using wax worms and calci worms on our hands and now when I open the door he runs to the front another thing that he also loves is getting out in his bay tree and the only way he can get there is by me lifting him out it's all about trust you build it and then do one thing wrong and have to start again

Hope this helps

I've had my guy for three years and he has been mean since the day I got him, but I still love the guy.
He tolerates me being close but will bite when you get too close. Sometimes I can trick him getting on my
hand then he seems okay for a short time.

Back
Top Bottom