Mean and Nasty Crickets!!!

So i've seen the pics.... i've read what people have said... and im scared for my little Greengo.... i've been taking the crickets out at night before he goes to sleep. Do i need to really worry about a couple crickets?? or am i being paranoid??:eek:

There are different types of crickets. If you have the brown crickets, it might not be that bad to miss one or two every so often. If you have the black ones, you really do not want them spending time with your chameleon when he's asleep because they are mean.

One solution would be to cup feed. That way you don't have to worry.

Yes, basically you contain them. I think you need to pull their back legs off (sort of gross, but they don't seem to care at all). Here's a thread with some examples:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/feeder-cups-93621/

The brown ones are not nearly as nasty as the black ones. The black ones scare the crap out of me. I won't buy them. But, I scare easily. You don't even want to know how afraid of superworms I am and I'm quite sure they are lovely feeders for your chameleon.

I believe cup feeding is the best way to feed your Cham with no harm done and reduces the level of ingestion something you don't want your chameleon to have inside of him like clumps of soil and other rock hard substances.

Back
Top Bottom