Mealworms VS superworms

Theveiled

Avid Member
Hey everybody! I was just wondering which feeder was better. I know not as a staple but as a healthy treat. I have heard some bad and good things about both and I am just trying to figure out which is better for my veiled.
Thanks!

Supers are better, mealworms are harder to digest cause of the chitinous outer shell causing intestinal blockage! Superworms for me! Just my .02!

Super worms I would even consider them a staple given of course your carful not to let your cham get addicted to them. Mealworms can't be properly digested like Blang said.

So I have heard that super worms can eat through the lining of their stomach. Is this true? I have bought supers today and am now worried about that.

So I have heard that super worms can eat through the lining of their stomach. Is this true? I have bought supers today and am now worried about that.
Lucky eats supers on a regular basis and I haven't seen any pop through his stomach. Old wives tale, I suspect.

Reactions: R.H
oh ok! When I read what someone said it just scared me so I was just wanting to ask your guys opinions! :)

I have read that if u have a younger Cham its best to take the super worms head off so they cant bite the tongue on the way down..

Im no expert around here.. I have only had my Cham since Dec 24, 2015 and she only like 6 months.. I was just hoping someone with more Exp then me would jump in on it... By the way ur the first person I have commented on :)

Im no expert around here.. I have only had my Cham since Dec 24, 2015 and she only like 6 months.. I was just hoping someone with more Exp then me would jump in on it... By the way ur the first person I have commented on :)
Thanks!!!!! :) I got my cham on Dec 12, 2015 and joined the forums yesterday!!!!

my chameleon is 7 months old. What do you think I should do? Take the head off or should I be okay not doing so?
I put mine in a 1lb deli cup & set it on top of the rocks kinda in between where the plants are growing & they come down and eat them! Heads on! When they put the crunch on them there pretty much done for!

I have been out here for like a week just reading, reading and more reading.. This is the best website in world for info... I have learned so much over the past 2-3 days...

My cham loves supers. I too have read, I believe on here for one, that they can be used as part of the staple diet, unlike the mealworms/waxworns. I want to try some silk worms next myself!

Silkworms n dubia still my first choice for the chams...why offer a ham n cheese sandwich,if u can get a nicer roast turkey on the whole wheat....much healthier choice:)

I feed supers all the time. Never had one single problem with them doing damage to my chameleons. Not necessary to crush their heads in my opinion. On another note, you can gutload them with the same things that crickets and dubias eat.

I feed supers all the time. Never had one single problem with them doing damage to my chameleons. Not necessary to crush their heads in my opinion. On another note, you can gutload them with the same things that crickets and dubias eat.
I always thought that dubia roaches has more protein source ratio compare with the superworm,I only offer superworm to my cham as a treats plus its easier for me to breed the dubia than the superworm,n I just want to let u know Miss carol5208 Im not arguing with u like others haters with me cause im just sharping n sharing my knowledge with you together:)

hey all, I asked this question ealier and one person told me a super worm was a treat and another a staple meal ( confused)
please could some one also explain the difference in shells from a mealworm to a super worm, as super are much bigger than meal!!
Also am I correct in saying that superworms in u.k are morio worms??

I know the superworm are better than the mealworm. and u probably wana ask carol5208 since she knows more about her superworm than me,but I can tell u about the dubia....it has 36percent protein,and very slow growing so u dont have to worry about it out growing ur cham quickly to fit in the mouth,and its non aggressive unlike the cricket bite ,also is a poor climber,low odor,can be gutloaded easily,it can't jump n minimal noise,long life span and low maintenance unless u are breeding them.

Back
Top Bottom