MBD

micahhh

Hey! i was wondering if calcium supplement spray would be good for MBD? i know i could use liquid calcium but i would have to order it and i’m more accessible to get the calcium supplement spray

Hey! i was wondering if calcium supplement spray would be good for MBD? i know i could use liquid calcium but i would have to order it and i’m more accessible to get the calcium supplement spray
Yes pictures are very helpful

How were you imagining using this "spray"? Spraying it on your cham is pointless and could be harmful. Spraying it on the feeders isn't going to result in very much getting into your cham at any one time. Getting a properly dosed liquid calcium and administering it properly is going to get the most where it needs to go soonest.

How were you imagining using this "spray"? Spraying it on your cham is pointless and could be harmful. Spraying it on the feeders isn't going to result in very much getting into your cham at any one time. Getting a properly dosed liquid calcium and administering it properly is going to get the most where it needs to go soonest.
okay i’m sorry

5174A73D-4548-4A26-9C98-406CBAD91D9F.jpeg

here’s some more pictures

Attachments

• 2FB54E35-BF79-4B53-B8DC-97579DE16A16.jpeg
    2FB54E35-BF79-4B53-B8DC-97579DE16A16.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 212
  • E41C57DC-4162-4308-B8C3-FF275DCDBFC1.jpeg
    E41C57DC-4162-4308-B8C3-FF275DCDBFC1.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 233
is my chameleon gravid ? i have reason to believe she’s got MBD but i’m not 100% sure (please don’t get mad at me and tell me to take her to the vet cause i can’t take her to the vet until friday) i’m not sure if she has MBD due to being gravid or due to low calcium. i’m stressing out because i thought i was doing everything right and i’m going to replace her lights tomorrow for the T5 HO ones because i read that the other ones are harmful.
C9D28DC4-6BF4-4240-AE88-0F402F761DFF.jpeg

^pic from yesterday
2C702D8B-09A8-4A55-8897-598F272FC8AA.jpeg

^ this pic is a little old, like a week and half old.

Your chameleon is gravid. Meaning she's holding in eggs and ready to lay. I don't see any signs of MBD from your last weak photo. She needs a lay bin 12x12" filled with most play sand. Moist enough where you can dig a test hole.

Your chameleon is gravid. Meaning she's holding in eggs and ready to lay. I don't see any signs of MBD from your last weak photo. She needs a lay bin 12x12" filled with most play sand. Moist enough where you can dig a test hole.
i only ask about MBD because she is very lethargic, SO weak and HASNT eaten or drank in a while. i mist her cage but she doesn’t touch the water. she can’t seem to stand up correctly (her front arms just kind of lay there and she tries to move but just doesn’t get anywhere) i believe her eyes are getting sunken in from lack of eating or drinking anything. whenever she tries to climb around she will grab her face or other limbs, not the vine.

Attachments

• 4A22BE35-48F1-4BF2-B8E6-1119ED88B4F1.jpeg
    4A22BE35-48F1-4BF2-B8E6-1119ED88B4F1.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 207
i only ask about MBD because she is very lethargic, SO weak and HASNT eaten or drank in a while. i mist her cage but she doesn’t touch the water. she can’t seem to stand up correctly (her front arms just kind of lay there and she tries to move but just doesn’t get anywhere) i believe her eyes are getting sunken in from lack of eating or drinking anything. whenever she tries to climb around she will grab her face or other limbs, not the vine.
try hornworms to entice her to eat, they're great for hydration too!

She needs a vet visit before friday if he can't hold herself up on a branch.

What is your regular supplement schedule?
she’s holding herself up on the branch right not she’s just very shakey and weak whenever she walks
i give her calcium with D3 twice a month and i dust her crickets with calcium once a week for two feeding sometimes. she hasn’t eaten in quite sometime. i put dubias in her enclosure and to be completely honest i don’t know if she ate them or not cause i can’t find them and they’re not in her lay bin either

Back
Top Bottom