Mating dance??

PeriTanz

Hi everyone. So i recently moved Tanzy (my first chameleon) into his adult enclosure. It is a 24,24,48 from DIY cages and so far it is awesome aside from some drainage issues that i am still working out:rolleyes:

Question: For the last two days Tanzy has been exhibiting a new behavior. He is sort-of dancing. Its like lean forward and back then step forward, lean forward and back then step forward... Has anyone seen this before?
I thought perhaps it was some type of mating dance because he started it after catching a glimpse of one of my turtles..?? I have a barrier between them now.

thoughts?

haha that is their famous leaf walk...they move like that to kinda look like a leaf blowing in the wind...very comical and very normal

Hahaha :).

my hamster used to love techno. She would start running around her cage full speed; even monkey-bar'n it across the top. Its was hilarious.

Iv heard chams can't hear well?

That's cute :) chameleons are said to be deaf but feel vibrations

i think its a good thing they never developed hearing, they are shy by nature for the most part, think about how freaked out they would be, to not only SEE 360 degrees on each side but HEAR as well in full stereo !!! sensory overload !

Back
Top Bottom