Mated veileds

Mikecool

My chameleons just mated 3 days ago first time breeding anyone want to be a mentor so I do this right?also I'm new to this site and could use help navigating.thx have some other ? As well

Well for one if mated already after she looked gravid is she defently holding babies. Also my male got his tail stuck in cage and the end is damaged I thought it would fall off but it hasn't yet

is she black with bright teal and orange spots? if so, she's most likely gravid. As to whether or not the eggs are fertile, you wont know until she lays them.

Fertile eggs tend to be a bit whiter and bigger, like large jelly beans. Infertile eggs will mold over a few weeks after you begin to incubate them.

As for your male, take a photo and post a pic. it may not have been badly damaged, it may have just been bruised.

Here's the tail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 167
And I also like to make cages I would like to sell some I have a bunch of ideas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 94
You may want to go to a vet and have the vet help you with the males tail. it does look like the tip died and will fall off, but if its not treated it could become necrotic and infected.

As for your female, she does not look gravid coloring wise, but it could take a few days if she just bred.

as for cages, post pics of them in the classifieds, maybe some localpeope will want some. :)

Vets here don't treat them it would be alot....$$$$$ is it as simple as a snip with some sharp sissors?(in the right location )dab of achcohol

Do not cut your chameleons tail. It will only make the problem worse. I think a vet visit is very necessary. I have seen several chams on here, where the necrosis spread very quickly up the tail. A lot of the members on here live in rural areas that are far from reptile vets but we all know how important it is to have a relationship with a specialized vet when keeping these little guys. It is an expensive hobby and vet bills add up but these guys rely on us to get them the needed care. I can assure you that if you intend to keep chams you will need to go to the vet at least once. Many people on here can point you in the right direction if you need access to those resources. Good luck

Ok I've talked to some ppl I won't cut it and everything the is fine any here is my female everyone here say vet first but I'd rather hear from experience owners but anyway does she look gravid she is relaxed in pic

Ok another ? If the mated last week and the female is brighter with blue dots can you try to breed them again or does the female store the seamen?or do I just wait and see

Back
Top Bottom