Massive Breakthrough In Chameleon Care!!!!!!!!!

Thank you bobbydigital for the recommendation, dont live far from yorba linda. I have just aquired a male panther about 1.5 years old due to owner moving. Want to make sure that he is well and healthy. No signs of illness but want to keep this guy happy and healthy. I am new to keeping panthers but have had jacksons and veilds in the past. Any information to help us all better keepers is always a great thing. I do pest control for a living and honsetly feel that the only way of ever knowing if the insects you are collecting contain perisites or any signs of illness would need to be inspected under magnification to confirm its condition. In a controlled environment such as a bin or aquarium gives us the ability to monitor the health and well being closely. Dont know much about in breeding but can ask my entomologist friend.

Last edited:
https://academic.oup.com/beheco/art...eeding-and-measures-of-immune-function-in-the

Heres a section of this really interesting article based on inbreeding in teleogryllus commodus "It is now apparent that comparable trade-offs could underlie sexual signaling in invertebrates. For example, several studies of insects show that immune challenge with nonpathogenic substances increases immune activity but decreases investment in sexual traits"

Ok, here it is!!!

HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!

That's it! Yup, it is old news! I know! But it is still the best kept secret to successful chameleon keeping ever! It is usually not a secret because those who know it refuse to share it with others! But rather because a large amount of people the secret is shared with never even listened!

People, hydrate your chameleons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please!
Funny you just the other day said this to me !!. You are a wealth of info . You need to add more . I know your busy and that is beyound true !!. We all have so very much to learn from you :love: .

Just a note on parasites. The biological imperative of most parasites is not to kill the host but to use the host to live, reproduce and/or complete its life cycle. If the host is compromised in some other way (ie. illness, starvation, dehydration) or the parasite burden is too high it can kill the host. While a healthy host with a good immune system can suppress the parasites in it's body, parasites are still a burden to the host and can prevent it from thriving and shorten it's life span.

This is just an overview of parasites in general and I'm sure there are some examples of parasites that are not in their intended hosts that do more than just cause infestation. I'm only referring to parasites in their intended hosts and not the freaky stuff you see on the news.

Ok, here it is!!!

HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!

That's it! Yup, it is old news! I know! But it is still the best kept secret to successful chameleon keeping ever! It is usually not a secret because those who know it refuse to share it with others! But rather because a large amount of people the secret is shared with never even listened!

People, hydrate your chameleons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please!
I wish it was that simple!!!!

A solid house needs a perfect foundation! I cannot think of a foundation better than hydration for these rainforest creatures! (Yes there are some species that have different requirements, like the South African desert chameleon, but the most commonly kept chameleons all require much more hydration than what most chameleon keepers provide!)

There are many components that need to be in balance for the specific chameleon one has as a pet. It is kind of like being a good cook. One can use the same basic spice ingredients to make an Indian dish, a Thai dish or a Cambodian dish! It is the specific concentration (amount) of each herb in each dish combined with the added vegitables, fruits, nuts and meats that make them all taste amazingly unique! But none of those dishes would be possible without WATER!!!!!!

Each and every ingredient mentioned above, originated from an organic lifeform, none of which can exist without WATER. It all comes back to WATER as the basis for life!

A solid house needs a perfect foundation! I cannot think of a foundation better than hydration for these rainforest creatures! (Yes there are some species that have different requirements, like the South African desert chameleon, but the most commonly kept chameleons all require much more hydration than what most chameleon keepers provide!)

There are many components that need to be in balance for the specific chameleon one has as a pet. It is kind of like being a good cook. One can use the same basic spice ingredients to make an Indian dish, a Thai dish or a Cambodian dish! It is the specific concentration (amount) of each herb in each dish combined with the added vegitables, fruits, nuts and meats that make them all taste amazingly unique! But none of those dishes would be possible without WATER!!!!!!

Each and every ingredient mentioned above, originated from an organic lifeform, none of which can exist without WATER. It all comes back to WATER as the basis for life!
Well said !!.

Back
Top Bottom