Marmoset finger monkey

No experience, but why would you want a monkey? I feel bad for the ones in captivity
I’m thinking about finger monkey. He is actually the size of a human finger and I have a room just for him. I was planning to make it like a forest room with real trees and everything. He’s out there for sale anyways. It’s either me with enough space for him to feel like he’s in real forest or someone who is going to keep him in the metal cage…

I’m thinking about finger monkey. He is actually the size of a human finger and I have a room just for him. I was planning to make it like a forest room with real trees and everything. He’s out there for sale anyways. It’s either me with enough space for him to feel like he’s in real forest or someone who is going to keep him in the metal cage…
Well, I guess if you can provide a good home for him then more power to you. Sorry I couldn’t give any information!

Wow! I just googled them. So cool. It sounds like they need other finger monkeys in there habitat as well for best life results. But I must say they are awesome

JMHO- I was very interested years ago when they were a big thing in the US. After researching about their peeing all over, as a trail scent, (normal behavior) I changed my mind. Sugar gliders, and a few other cool animals do the same thing.
I did get to see one a few years ago -son graduated ---Exotic Animal Training and Management Program -Moorpark Ca. This one was cute and funny but bonded to only one person at a time (he was 12 years old). Donated because the owners no longer wanted him.
There are many rescue places that care for unwanted ones--- I would search and see if there is a rescue in your area. Some rescues even have babies, which are very trainable- older ones - not so much. Good Luck!

Finger size is when they are babies, but they are still very small as an adult. (y) (y)

Last edited:
JMHO- I was very interested years ago when they were a big thing in the US. After researching about their peeing all over, as a trail scent, (normal behavior) I changed my mind. Sugar gliders, and a few other cool animals do the same thing.
I did get to see one a few years ago -son graduated ---Exotic Animal Training and Management Program -Moorpark Ca. This one was cute and funny but bonded to only one person at a time (he was 12 years old). Donated because the owners no longer wanted him.
There are many rescue places that care for unwanted ones--- I would search and see if there is a rescue in your area. Some rescues even have babies, which are very trainable- older ones - not so much. Good Luck!

Finger size is when they are babies, but they are still very small as an adult. (y) (y)
Thank you. Does it makes sense to put a diaper on them?

That would be your preference. Some people treat them like little people and others want a beautiful display animal.
Personally, I would hit up a Marmoset Group and find out ALL the pros and cons. The urine issue is just a part of them and If I was single with no children--I would have purchased one. Some cat people don't smell their cats but others know they have one.. Not sure if it would be similar.. Keep us updated.. Thanks!

That would be your preference. Some people treat them like little people and others want a beautiful display animal.
Personally, I would hit up a Marmoset Group and find out ALL the pros and cons. The urine issue is just a part of them and If I was single with no children--I would have purchased one. Some cat people don't smell their cats but others know they have one.. Not sure if it would be similar.. Keep us updated.. Thanks!
I will, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom