Malthe th

blue_cham

Established Member
Hey all! I saw a breeder at a local Expo this weekend who breeds Calumma Malthes. I'm seriously in love. I'm still new to chams, only have my two Panthers who are my first, so I want more experience with Panthers, veields and Jackson's before moving on to other rarer species. HOWEVER, I want to start my research now :D cause I see Malthes in my future.

Care info is scarce. I read some old threads but most are from years back, and were from people new to the species. I'm hoping some of those people can share their experiences now that it's been a couple years. I get the impression that they like more water, higher humidity and cooler temps.

Found this interesting info on their natural habitat from a site called Madchams.

So can anyone share on their Malthe husbandry, and the temperament/behavior of them?

My biggest concerns are that where I live now, inside the apartment rarley dips below 80F in mid summer. Would this constant warmth be distressing for cooler loving chams?

I'm thirsty for any info, thanks you guys!

Hummm, maybe I misunderstood him about the Malthe, I didn't have enough time to stay and pick his brain, but I swore he mentioned having 20ish females, but maybe the guy they had at the show was WC.... I know they said their Ankaramy Panthers were F1s....

I didn't realize they were that uncommon! The breeder was West Coast Chameleon Brothers.

PS- Just realized my post title is all jacked up, idk how to change it tho, sorry!

Hummm, maybe I misunderstood him about the Malthe, I didn't have enough time to stay and pick his brain, but I swore he mentioned having 20ish females, but maybe the guy they had at the show was WC.... I know they said their Ankaramy Panthers were F1s....

I didn't realize they were that uncommon! The breeder was West Coast Chameleon Brothers.

PS- Just realized my post title is all jacked up, idk how to change it tho, sorry!

Oh, definitely wildcaught then. WC Cham Breeders just got in a big shipment of some more obscure species, including the malthes. I put down for one of their other species, myself!

Oh, definitely wildcaught then. WC Cham Breeders just got in a big shipment of some more obscure species, including the malthes. I put down for one of their other species, myself!

Ah darn. Oh well, like I said, it wasn't in my immediate future anyways just wanted to learn more, they are very cool looking. Most info I read on them is generalized.

@Syreptyon what species have you ordered from them, just for curiosity sake :rolleyes::D

Ah darn. Oh well, like I said, it wasn't in my immediate future anyways just wanted to learn more, they are very cool looking. Most info I read on them is generalized.

@Syreptyon what species have you ordered from them, just for curiosity sake :rolleyes::D

I put down for the beautiful little female Calumma boettgeri (blue-nosed chameleon) they got in :D Just started setting up her new viv last night

And also she’s Calumma linotum not boettgeri. They came in mislabeled.

Thank you for that!!! I knew I wasn't crazy. I spent a ton of time reading about the distinction between chameleons in the nasutum complex (or whatever it's called properly), mostly out of curiosity and unending chameleon obsession. I almost asked the company whether she was imported from Nosy Be or Montagne d'Ambre because I was thinking she looked suspiciously like C. linotum

Thank you for that!!! I knew I wasn't crazy. I spent a ton of time reading about the distinction between chameleons in the nasutum complex (or whatever it's called properly), mostly out of curiosity and unending chameleon obsession. I almost asked the company whether she was imported from Nosy Be or Montagne d'Ambre because I was thinking she looked suspiciously like C. linotum
They wouldn’t even know the answer to that question. They’re linotum though 100%.

Message me if you get her.

Back
Top Bottom