male veiled coloration for mating?

twistgama

KakaoTalk_20160905_161103401.jpg

KakaoTalk_20170206_221226696.jpg

KakaoTalk_20170206_221228178.jpg

hi, my male veiled changes his color dramatically time to time and that makes me wonder

he is 3 years old and lives in a 2x2x4 cage :)

he dosent do that normally, the first pic is his normal color

and 2nd 3rd pics are taken this morning

i opened his cage and he rushed to get out of the cage(normally doesn't do this too)

and stayed on the cage door until i put him back in

once he shows this behavior he keeps showing this coloration 1~2weeks

oh, and he has done the same thing for a week (trying to get out of the cage,
showing bright color) last october

is it because he wants to mate? well i dont have a plan to get a female veiled

but think i can ask people who have female if he wants to mate so bad :D

thank you for reading :cool:

In my experience, that's normal coloration for a male. He could just be excited to get out of his cage to roam around which would explain the bright, color pattern.

Do you have a free range area for him to explore and have some time outside his normal cage?

My male is a year old, and has suddenly taken a liking to being out of his cage, too. In fact, he is chilling with me now, watching me type this. Let him out. The exercise is good for him, and he will build some trust in you, because you are the "bringer of all things good"!

In my experience, that's normal coloration for a male. He could just be excited to get out of his cage to roam around which would explain the bright, color pattern.

Do you have a free range area for him to explore and have some time outside his normal cage?

well he shows the color all day till the sunset not only when he gets out :confused: but interesting theory

i rarely let him outside of the cage unless its warm season

My male is a year old, and has suddenly taken a liking to being out of his cage, too. In fact, he is chilling with me now, watching me type this. Let him out. The exercise is good for him, and he will build some trust in you, because you are the "bringer of all things good"!

haha okay i will let him out time to time thanks :)

well he shows the color all day till the sunset not only when he gets out :confused: but interesting theory

i rarely let him outside of the cage unless its warm season

There might be something that he sees that is stressing him. Can he see his reflection in a mirror or a window? Have a look at what might have gotten his attention.

As far as breeding, please don't. The world does not need anymore baby veiled chameleons. They wholesale for $8. Most live very short and miserable lives with few people prepared to spend the money to properly house and care for such an inexpensive animal.

Back
Top Bottom