Male panther doesn't want to breed??

PGchams

Hello. I have a 2+ year old male Sambava. And I have tried unsucessfully over the last year to breed him. I have tried different females, temperature changes, and different cage environments but none work for him. He goes directly to the female, but just walks around her and never fires up. I understand that some chams just don't breed. But before I give up on his chances to breed, has anyone ever had a cham that changes and eventually breeds? If so what did you do to facilitate that change. Thanks

I had this prob. With Ranger he wouldnt do anything with my female. But one day I took him to my fake tree in the living room and then let him see the female for a sec. I put her in the tree and He went full blown ready to breed and everything inbetween. He even showed off to my male DB leopard gecko and skink.

So I found putting them in a netural territory worked the best.

My sambava male needed to see a jacksons chameleon before he felt the need to "prove" himself. :) The lady was just waiting for the longest time and he just looked at her.

Setting the Mood... I hope!

Thanks for all the replies ...

Ipod is hooked up, Kenny G on pause, lights are dim, and ficus petals are scattered around the cage! He's ready! lol. ...

I will try all of these suggestions and hope something fires him up...

The females have been taken out right away if they have shown any signs of anger or stress. But a lot of the time they were ready to breed and even a few times the female seemed to follow him to the areas of the cage that he went after checking them out and just waited on a branch near him.

Thanks again everyone

Having similar issues with the mitsios. He will mount, she will wait and he just sits on her! Lazy a-- wont move a muscle. lol She eventually gets tired of him sitting on her and moves away. She's def recept he's just so slow about doing his manly duties....

Ive also tried showing him another male first to get the juices flowing. That made him mount but he still wont finish....

Dont mean to jack your thread Im just looking for some ideas also.....

Not a problem. Hope you find your answers also....

I have tried bringing another male into the situation before also. But he actually shows no signs to him either. I think he is just different. Maybe unigue I guess. He also paces up and down, back and forth thru his cage most of the day in endless cycles. He has done this since I got him at 7 months old. In addition to the normal cage screen, Ficus tree, and two 5 foot climbing vines, I even put ropes throughout his cage to give him more climbing enjoyment. And he uses it all! No other panther, or chameleon in general, that I own moves even remotely as much. So I named him "the Searcher". It fits him well.

The previous post was in response to Texas Panther Man. Just to clear that up.

Since before it posted there were other suggestions. And to be clear, my intentions of putting another male into the "situation" to see if it angered him, not to determine sexual preference. HA! Nothing weird going on, just breeding. lol. But the thought of him just not being into females has crossed my mind before!

Ironic how posts line up for good laughs! But you have got to love it!

Since before it posted there were other suggestions. And to be clear my intentions of putting another male into the "situation" to see if it angered him not to determine sexual preference. HA! Nothing weird going on, just breeding. lol. But the thought of him just not being into females has crossed my mind before!

LMAO :rolleyes: :p

I have male nosy be that i have had since he was 4-5 months old. at 10months i tried to breed him, and there was nothen, he didnt fire up or head bob what so ever. i tried this for awhile then gave up. then i decided to try him at 12 months still no results,i put infront of my other male nothen was happening even infront of the mirror trick. there was nothen wrongh with temps nothen he was heathy just no desire to want to fire up.so i gave up and was selling him since i was looking for a breeder not a pet. my gf didnt like that but she understood what was needed. so after about a month of no one buying him i try different locations puting his cage beside here trying a differet cage together even puting him into a new cage nothen. then i went out and bought a fake tree a big one put him in there for a whole day by himself. then the next day i put him on the tree for like 10 minutes, and then added my female to the tree.it took him awhile to see her since the tree has alot of coverage. so after like 2 minutes of seeing her, what i thought was impossible my boy started to head bob it was crazy i was yelleing and my gf come look come look. then 30 seconds later the dew was in action. and i finally seen my male nsy be fire up. so i have decide to keep him around since he is one good looking guy when he fires up. hope this helps:D

Since before it posted there were other suggestions. And to be clear, my intentions of putting another male into the "situation" to see if it angered him, not to determine sexual preference. HA! Nothing weird going on, just breeding. lol. But the thought of him just not being into females has crossed my mind before!

PG..no worries. I threw that in there as a bit of a joke, but it definitely is a possibility. If all else fails you may have to look into Chameleon Lingerie!! LOL

PG..no worries. I threw that in there as a bit of a joke, but it definitely is a possibility. If all else fails you may have to look into Chameleon Lingerie!! LOL

LMAO i can't stop laughing, i've this image of a lady cham in her sexy underwear trying to give the male a turn on. Lol, this thread has been the best laugh of the day for me.

My guy is about 2 yrs also. He will head bob and chase her down. And like I said both times Ive tried shes let him mount. Then he just sits there. Ive never had one do that before. Both panthers Ive bred previously almost raped the poor females they were on em so fast.

Back
Top Bottom