Male panther doesn't want to breed??

If he is mounting, could he have blocked hemipenes? If he hasn't been using them or rubbing them on branches he could very well have sperm plugs and can't get them out so he gives up. Try putting his rear end in some warm water and gently press him where they should be and see if you can get them to show. You might just get a dry plug out. Just a thought.

If he is mounting, could he have blocked hemipenes? If he hasn't been using them or rubbing them on branches he could very well have sperm plugs and can't get them out so he gives up. Try putting his rear end in some warm water and gently press him where they should be and see if you can get them to show. You might just get a dry plug out. Just a thought.

I saw him expel a small one the other day. And it was pretty moist. Ive seen the dry ones before with other males Ive had. So I really dont think thats it jan. I guess next time I get him out to clean his cage and shower him I could try that. Im in no hurry to breed the pair I have really. I was planning on trying again next month so I'll check him out and see. I was thinking about bringing him in to get checked by my vet anyway. I think he will probably bred if I give him a few days with her. He's just real slow I think... Im cautious about leaving them together when Im not around so I havent had the opp to leave them for a few days straight.

I have male nosy be that i have had since he was 4-5 months old. at 10months i tried to breed him, and there was nothen, he didnt fire up or head bob what so ever. i tried this for awhile then gave up. then i decided to try him at 12 months still no results,i put infront of my other male nothen was happening even infront of the mirror trick. there was nothen wrongh with temps nothen he was heathy just no desire to want to fire up.so i gave up and was selling him since i was looking for a breeder not a pet. my gf didnt like that but she understood what was needed. so after about a month of no one buying him i try different locations puting his cage beside here trying a differet cage together even puting him into a new cage nothen. then i went out and bought a fake tree a big one put him in there for a whole day by himself. then the next day i put him on the tree for like 10 minutes, and then added my female to the tree.it took him awhile to see her since the tree has alot of coverage. so after like 2 minutes of seeing her, what i thought was impossible my boy started to head bob it was crazy i was yelleing and my gf come look come look. then 30 seconds later the dew was in action. and i finally seen my male nsy be fire up. so i have decide to keep him around since he is one good looking guy when he fires up. hope this helps:D

I'll be doing this soon.
I have the exact same issue with my male.

Like I said... My male needed a jacksons... :) Other males, mellers, other females, veileds, even large pygmies were tried, but nothing worked except the jacksons.

Then he got his romance on and stroked her back and rubbed his cheek on hers while he was getting into position. He was incredibly gentle and the jacksons looked mortified. :)

psi this is a good idea im pretty sure it should work like i said i tried every thing for months and this what worked best. good luck:)

Just a thought...don't know if it will work or not...when the weather is warm enough to take them outside, I wonder if that would stimulate him to breed?

Back
Top Bottom