Male or female?

Here are a few pics of my baby nosey be I just received from LLLreptile today. Can you tell if it's a male or female?

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm...judging by the last pic im pretty sure you have a male...

but he is making himself too thin, and the tail base well, is one of those "small" ones .....more pics:cool:

I'm inclined to say it's a male because of it's lateral line, but my females have that flap of skin under their tails and can look like small bulges when slightly pushed to the side. Eh, I'll just go with male.

does a lateral line always mean its a male?

no.......but males mite have a large lateral line than females....but not always..i use the "kent-vent" method and sometimes color....but color is not good to use..ive seen some colorful baby girls

The lateral line generally is more broken in females. It's not 100% but it can help when a little boy has a very minimal 'package.' A nice unbroken white line points to male.

Well everyone was indeed correct as he is a male. He does seem skinny to me too. He drank as soon as I put him into his cage and he's eating up a storm. Today he gets to experience silkworms. Is it ok if the soft worms are a little larger than the width of his head? He's on .25'' crickets right now.

Yes. Soft foods you can cheat a bit with. And remember, the thinnest part of the insect should not be bigger than the space between his eyes.

I hope a male was what you wanted because he is a good looking boy. Just put a few pounds:eek: on him over the holidays.:D congratulations.

Oh yes a male is specifically what I asked for. He was very thin when I received him yesterday but he's eating like a horse. Averaging over 18 .25" crickets a day! Sheesh!

Back
Top Bottom