Male or female veiled chameleon???

paulywally

Can anyone tell the gender of our chameleon? It's a piebald veiled chameleon.

Attachments

• 20231226_213507.jpg
    20231226_213507.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231226_213459.jpg
    20231226_213459.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 26
I'm sticking with female. She is lovely!
@elizaann2 what do you think?
I'm working on trying to get her to get used to us it's rough. She finally ate out of our hand. She's a very lovely chameleon. We've only had her for maybe a week. She seems to only like silk worms and crickets. We've tried to feed her all types of food but no luck.

I'm working on trying to get her to get used to us it's rough. She finally ate out of our hand. She's a very lovely chameleon. We've only had her for maybe a week. She seems to only like silk worms and crickets. We've tried to feed her all types of food but no luck.
I would wait a couple more days to hold her. Its great your building trust with your cham, but too much will cause stress.

If you put different food in her food dish, she will eat it. it might take a few days, but she won't let herself go hungry. you may try some small roaches with a silkworm, instead of crickets.

Welcome to the forum. You have a female. May I see a picture of her entire enclosure including lighting on top? I agree I would not try to hold her right now. The added stress of human interaction when they are new to an environment can cause issues with health for them.

Welcome to the forum!

You will have to learn about reproductive issues with veiled chameleon females soon if you don’t want to risk her developing follicular stasis or dystocia because they produce eggs like chickens do when not mated. Those issues can be avoided with proper diet and temperatures, etc.

Hi. Beautiful little pied girl. 🥰 You definitely want to make sure that you have all of your husbandry as perfect as possible from now so that not only will she grow strong and healthy, but won’t have any egg laying problems. If you post some pics of your entire enclosure, it will give us a general idea and we can go from there.

Back
Top Bottom