Male or Female Opinions

JoeG

Got this guy in mid november as a 2.5 month Ambi Male. He is almost 4.5 months now & doesn't really look male to me. Also could an adult male mistake a juvi for a female ? My adult seen him the other day & went into mating mode, bopping his head & all fired up. I posted some pics & hoping that the more experienced keepers will chime in.....

Yeah she looks like a girl to me. The males have a noticable bulge further down their tale just past their vent that houses their "package" I'm not seeing that there. She is very pretty though!

GO PACK GO!!!

Last edited:
What do you think the responsibility of a breeder would be in a case of mistaken gender like this. As in expecting a male with certain blood lines & having paid for a male & ending up with a female. Not sure what the etiquette on this forum should be......

What do you think the responsibility of a breeder would be in a case of mistaken gender like this. As in expecting a male with certain blood lines & having paid for a male & ending up with a female. Not sure what the etiquette on this forum should be......

I would let the seller know and give them a chance to make things right, especially if there was a price difference in males and females. Mistakes get made, especially if you purchased the animal really young.

The responsibility of the breeder is to make you happy in this situation as long as you are not asking for something off the wall. If it were me I would give you the option of sending the animal back, partial refund, so much off of another animal etc. Actually, if it were me, I would have sent you a male. Its easy to sex panthers. If you cannot be 100% sure of the animals sex you shouldnt be selling it as a sexed animal.

Back
Top Bottom