male/female

oops forgot to add the pic. There is another one in my gallery.

Attachments

• jet2 forum pic.jpg
    jet2 forum pic.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 136
I would start looking at girl names :) Look at her tail.....there is no fleshy area under the base. She has a very nice pattern. She looks similar to a female I have. Females can have very striking patterns like this. She will change somewhat when she is breeding age and receptive. She will take on more of a peachy tone. When she is sleeping her patterning is probably a little less noticeable. She has some pretty green on her checks. Most females will have color on their checks. What locale is she?

I am not sure what locale she is from. The pet store had little information on her. I am a little nervous about have a female. I have read a little bit, but am totally confused about the egg laying thing. If she is female when do they start laying eggs? And what do I need for her to lay her eggs in? I have no intentions of mating her. I guess a name change is in order, my kids named her jet because we thought it was a boy. Do females get the color display like the males or are they pretty much shades of brown?

I am not sure what locale she is from. The pet store had little information on her. I am a little nervous about have a female. I have read a little bit, but am totally confused about the egg laying thing. If she is female when do they start laying eggs? And what do I need for her to lay her eggs in? I have no intentions of mating her. I guess a name change is in order, my kids named her jet because we thought it was a boy. Do females get the color display like the males or are they pretty much shades of brown?

No, they won't get the wild coloration like the male does. They are generally shades of orange/brown and sometimes black. They are however gorgeous in their own way.

Back
Top Bottom