Male/female?

JAdrig

Urighty guys...
I know this topic has been beaten up, but I was wondering if you thought this animal(formerly known as 'red dot') was male or female...It is the sibling of the one that is a definite male...It is my largest meller's at 22inches...its pretty heavy bodied in comparison to the others...despite equal amounts of food. It has always ended up with scratches on its dorsal area from the other chams( if being housed with others) despite having a dominant 'presence'.
In the outdoors pic...it was pretty hot...thats why it was so pale...just got a few rays then brought it back in.
The last pic is probably the most telling... I recently put the group of 1.1.2 adult C.H. mellers in a large enclosure(size of 3 big reptariums). The male is going around and displaying to the female and this one...but this cham displayed similar colors/patterns as the the male...The typical black/white with a little yellow. Tell me what you think
Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• DSCF0600.jpg
    DSCF0600.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF0033.jpg
    DSCF0033.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 257
I have some footage of this cham 'facing off' with the male. I am almost certain that it is male after this confrontation.
The smaller, more aggressive male started to creep up to this one and initiated the courting gestures. The larger one came foward and they both charged each other. They both started to jab each other and then I broke them up. The larger one was jabbing and shooting its toungue directly at the males eyeballs. I have seen this one shoot his toungue at the male's body from a distance. After I broke them up, the smaller aggressive male went after the real submissive mellers...
He was trying to scrape it off the branch, ramming it and trying to get his horn underneath this ones feet and pry him out of the tree. I got most of this confrontation on video.

I later separated the group.

Back
Top Bottom