Male? Female?

ronen

Hello, we recently just got a panther chameleon we’re worried they gave us a female instead of a male, to be honest we’re also worried it was wild caught, we are going to have a parasite test done soon. But we’d like your opinion on whether you think it’s male or female, thanks for the help!
FE64316F-31A0-488F-9D00-ED3B27CB1578.jpeg
2F04B28F-3A05-4205-867C-1DBF34E380DB.png
2646CBAE-D62A-4941-965C-AEE623D4C689.png
37547BDF-DA95-44B7-9DD4-2CC8F0011AEB.jpeg

No idea, we asked for information on linage and they didn’t reply, they claim he’s an ambilobe

Where did you order it from?
I doubt it if the baby is wild caught... If the mother was wild caught and laid eggs in captivity this would then be a captive hatched baby.

I can not tell its gender with these pics. I can not see the tail base well enough. Take a look at this link http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2013/04/male-or-female-how-to-sex-baby-panther.html
Would there be a difference in behavior/temperament if that was the case?

CB Reptiles which has been nothing but a headache, and after reading everything on this forum about them I got quite worried about the health of the baby chameleon.

Would there be a difference in behavior/temperament if that was the case?

CB Reptiles which has been nothing but a headache, and after reading everything on this forum about them I got quite worried about the health of the baby chameleon.
No there would not be a difference in temperament. Chams come out of the egg seeing us as predators. They are not typically friendly reptiles. They just tolerate people as they mature because they figure out that we are the bringer of food.
CB reptiles is not the best and you will not hear from them more than likely. Get a fecal done sooner than later though. You need to see if baby is carrying a parasite load.

Visually this baby looks better than others I have seen them send out. But the place you ordered from is iffy when it comes to health, type, and actual gender.

If you can get a picture of the baby's tail sticking straight out behind it so we can actually see the tail base you will get better feedback on gender.

Hopefully you found this link for correct husbandry. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Temps for baby should not be hotter than 80 and as it matures never hotter than 85 if it is male. If it is female there is a slightly different playbook you need to follow.

check out my post here when i confused about my little one. you can see how it looks like a male baby panther and you can compare to yours. but yes maybe I would be wrong, but literally I am about 80% that your baby is female.

Back
Top Bottom