Male chameleon digging

Shellbelle

So I have read a couple of the threads about males digging and not seen a definitive answer.
I have a young male cham. Made sure he is male by looking at his ‘bump’ we have recently changed to a bio set up. Which looked beautiful.
Now beans has decided to flipping dig it all up and made a right old mess!!
Any advice or explanation would be appreciated.
86F3DA13-BC35-410C-A86E-9F6A6F64A062.jpeg
046033D1-5271-4CAD-9328-4ADEBA06D99E.jpeg
789899AF-E562-4F6D-9192-7781583DFBBE.jpeg
C5362752-5EB6-4BCE-BE24-A4D592AB4216.jpeg

I’m just guessing but it could be a number of things...if it’s bioactive he could be looking for bugs, he could be trying to get out (what size is the enclosure?) or he looks old enough to possibly be going through puberty so he‘s looking for a girlfriend. One more thing for good measure, what kind of lights do you have? Looks like dome Uvb coil combo?

I’m just guessing but it could be a number of things...if it’s bioactive he could be looking for bugs, he could be trying to get out (what size is the enclosure?) or he looks old enough to possibly be going through puberty so he‘s looking for a girlfriend. One more thing for good measure, what kind of lights do you have? Looks like dome Uvb coil combo?
Yes we have springtails and wood lice in there. So presuming I will have to replace the wood lice on a regular basis.
I agree with pubity and also with getting out. He loves to free range.
and the light is a heat and light combo as you say but I haven’t got the light for the plants yet.

Yes we have springtails and wood lice in there. So presuming I will have to replace the wood lice on a regular basis.
I agree with pubity and also with getting out. He loves to free range.
and the light is a heat and light combo as you say but I haven’t got the light for the plants yet.
You will want a t5 tube light (5.0 for reptisun, or 6% for arcadia) for uv.
Also, you may find it helpful to fill out the "how to ask for help" form as it will give us a ton of info to hopefully enlighten us on the "issue", if there is one.

Back
Top Bottom