maditterinean chameleon brown bump on the neck

Chamelover

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • mediterrinean common chameleon; female; 2 months; i care it for 2 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • once in a couple of days ; for 3 minutes max.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • mostly mealworms with 3d+calcium powder and multi vitamin powder around 4 a day, sometimes crickets , dubia roaces , house flies , spiders, moths.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • exo terra calcuim+3d , multi vitamin exo-terra
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • spraying during the day every 4 hours. yes I see her drinking sometimes
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • square cage , 30*30*45 , net around 3 sides , and the door is galss.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • heat lamp red light 75W ; uvb100 25W TROPICAL UVB EXO-TERRA
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • ficus
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • in a room on a low table
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • middle east

current problem - unusual brown bump on the neck !

Attachments

• 20211003_110927.jpg
    20211003_110927.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20211003_110932.jpg
    20211003_110932.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 94
Hi. Wish I could help but I know nothing about this species.
Just going by generalities of basic care for most of our commonly kept species though, I would use a phosphorus free calcium without D3 for most/every feeding, use the calcium with D3 1-2 times a month and same for the multivitamin. A more correct source of uvb is essential. The screw in bulbs don’t provide adequate uvb any farther away than 2-3”. The standard for most chameleons is a linear T5 fixture with a 6% or 5.0 uvb bulb. Avoid colored lights as they can harm sensitive chameleon eyes. I have no idea at all about humidity or temps. I would think a basking temp of 80f and humidity level of 40-50% would be levels to err on the side of caution. All chameleons love live plants and do need to have some leafy places to hide and take shade in. Lots of branches/vines for climbing opportunities.
Again, I can only go by general husbandry that is common for the most commonly kept species. Perhaps @kinyonga knows more specifics or where to find them.

Please post a couple more photos of the chameleon so. I can see it from the side and a couple of the bump closer up.

Thank you all for the information it really help !
There are some more pictures
20211003_110920.jpg

Attachments

• 20211003_110932.jpg
    20211003_110932.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 67
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • mediterrinean common chameleon; female; 2 months; i care it for 2 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • once in a couple of days ; for 3 minutes max.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • mostly mealworms with 3d+calcium powder and multi vitamin powder around 4 a day, sometimes crickets , dubia roaces , house flies , spiders, moths.
    I WOULD GO EASY ON THE MEALWORMS. PROPERLY FED AND GUTLOADED CRICKETS MAKE A GOOD BASE FOR A DIET ALONG WITH SOME OF THE OTHER INSECTS YOU'VE LISTED. YOU COULD ADD SILKWORMS, ONCE IN A WHILE WAXWORMS AND SUPERWORMS TOO. AT THAT AGE IT COULD EAT AT LEAST 15 APPROPRIATELY SIZED CRICKETS A DAY OR EQUAL VALUE OF OTHER INSECTS.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • exo terra calcuim+3d , multi vitamin exo-terra
    YOU SHOULD BE DUSTTING WITH A PHOS FREE CALCIUM POWDER LIGHTLY AT ALL FEEDINGS BUT ONE A WEEK. ON THAT ONE FEEDING YOU SHOULD ALTERNATE BETWEEN APHOS FREE CALCIUM/D3 POWDER AND A VITAMIN WITH A PREFORMED SOURCE OF VITAMIN A. ALL DUSTINGS SHOULD BE LIGHTLY DONE.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • spraying during the day every 4 hours. yes I see her drinking sometimes
    YOU COULD SET UP A DRIPPER THAT DRIPS AT THE RATE OF ONE OR TWO DROPS PER SECOND FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS A DAY TOO...BUT ID WAIT UNTIL ITS A BIT BIGGER SO THE WATER DROPS WONT BE TOO BIG FOR IT.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • square cage , 30*30*45 , net around 3 sides , and the door is galss.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • heat lamp red light 75W ; uvb100 25W TROPICAL UVB EXO-TERRA
    THE UVB LIGHT SHOULD BE THE LONG LINEAR TUBE TYPE LIGHT. THE BASKING LIGHT SHOULD BE A WHITE REGULAR INCANDESCENT HOUSEHOLD BUKB OF A WATTAGE THAT PUTS THE BASKING TEMPERATURE AT 78F. MAKE SURE ITS NOT TOO CLOSE TO THE CHAMELEON TO BURN IT. NO LIGHTS OR HEAT AT NIGHTUNLESS YOUR TEMPERATURES IN THE HOUSE DROP BELOW 60F.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? THIS IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? YOU SHOULD MEASURE THIS TOO.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • ficus
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • in a room on a low table
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • middle east

current problem - unusual brown bump on the neck !
[/QUOTE]

COULD AN INSECT HAVE BITTEN IT?

Thank you all for the information it really help !
There are some more pictures View attachment 311503
Can I ask where you got them? Mediterranean Chameleons aren’t that common of a kept species, especially here in the states.

Not a lot of care sheets or captivity knowledge on these guys, but I’d assume it’s care is similar to a veiled chameleon? They live in somewhat the same religion.

@ElliotG said..."Not a lot of care sheets or captivity knowledge on these guys, but I’d assume it’s care is similar to a veiled chameleon? They live in somewhat the same religion"...they are kept similarly to veileds for the most part. I kept them for over six years starting in about 1994....hatched babies and raised most of them up too.

@ElliotG said..."Not a lot of care sheets or captivity knowledge on these guys, but I’d assume it’s care is similar to a veiled chameleon? They live in somewhat the same religion"...they are kept similarly to veileds for the most part. I kept them for over six years starting in about 1994....hatched babies and raised most of them up too.
Really? Wonder why they’re not a more common species. Did you enjoy keeping them?

Fill this out please, it’ll help us help you :)

Your Chameleon -
Handling -
Feeding -
Supplements -
Watering -
Fecal Description -
History -
Cage Type -
Lighting -
Temperature-
Humidity -
Plants -