Made some bug food

Lol probably not, I still have a lot I want to do with the bugs. Start a website and all those videos. Im slow enough with all that... The gutloading is just for mine and my cham's enjoyment for now haha

It's when you boil veggies for a very short time and then dunk in ice water to destroy the enzymes that cause them to break down over time. Or something like that... some nutrients are destroyed as well, but it locks in most of them so there isn't further loss which inevitably happens from freezing, blending, etc.

Someone correct me if I butchered that explanation
Crap so now I need to attempt to blanch? You realize these bugs eat better then I feed my child at this point. :hilarious:

Crap so now I need to attempt to blanch? You realize these bugs eat better then I feed my child at this point. :hilarious:

I try to feed my children like my bugs. I even try to play tough love with their hunger strikes. But my woman is weak and caves in sometimes.... she tells me nobody wants to drink blended beets, dandelion, carrots, oats, seeds, and whey protein for breakfast. I tell her there are many more ingredients than that! My obsession knows no bounds.

Blanching is only really necessary if you're storing it for a months at a time. Even then, who knows how much it matters really. As long as your bugs are eating different, healthy foods on the regular I wouldn't worry too much.

I try to feed my children like my bugs. I even try to play tough love with their hunger strikes. But my woman is weak and caves in sometimes.... she tells me nobody wants to drink blended beets, dandelion, carrots, oats, seeds, and whey protein for breakfast. I tell her there are many more ingredients than that! My obsession knows no bounds.
Do you want a 16 year old that refuses to even eat fruit? She comes with an xbox, a playstation, and an attitude. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom