Made some bug food

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Been a while since I did the frozen bags. No matter how simple I want it to be, I always go overboard.

Dandelion
Freshly picked moringa
Water cress
Collards
Different flowers
Little beet
Little Berries
Banana, orange, lemon, lime with peels on
Mulberry leaves
Grape leaves
Carrot
Red pepper
Bee pollen
Little tiny bit of mushroom powders
Few almonds, pecans, walnuts
Chia, flax, hemp seeds
Spirulina
Tiny bit of turmeric
.....other things I'm probably forgetting

Not sure how much all of this helps, but I have fun doing it:)

Attachments

• 20201013_151914.jpg
    20201013_151914.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
@Beman oh and to seriously answer your question, I did all of the dandelion leaves(had tons growing in my garden haha), watercress, collards, grape leaves, and oh I forgot fresh morings from my tree that I harvested before it goes dormant. Then the rest of the ingredients i did in another batch. Only because my 72 ounce blender wasn't large enough for both!

They’ve got a like 18:1 ca:p ratio. In know they’re high in goits and oxas, but damn!

Nice! That rings a bell, but I forgot. Either way, there's other calcium rich foods i mixed in and dusting makes up for it. Next time I'll have to add some.

Oh and I blanched most of the stuff. Helps keep the nutrients from degrading over time in the freezer. It also cuts down on a lot of the oxalates and goitrogens I believe.

@Beman oh and to seriously answer your question, I did all of the dandelion leaves(had tons growing in my garden haha), watercress, collards, grape leaves, and oh I forgot fresh morings from my tree that I harvested before it goes dormant. Then the rest of the ingredients i did in another batch. Only because my 72 ounce blender wasn't large enough for both!
Are there certain bugs you feed one to over the other or do you mix these two together? That is what I am confused on lol.

Nice! That rings a bell, but I forgot. Either way, there's other calcium rich foods i mixed in and dusting makes up for it. Next time I'll have to add some.

Oh and I blanched most of the stuff. Helps keep the nutrients from degrading over time in the freezer. It also cuts down on a lot of the oxalates and goitrogens I believe.
I’ve read that too. I hope you intend to market your bug-chow!

I’ve read that too. I hope you intend to market your bug-chow!
Lol probably not, I still have a lot I want to do with the bugs. Start a website and all those videos. Im slow enough with all that... The gutloading is just for mine and my cham's enjoyment for now haha

I don't even know what blanching is....
It's when you boil veggies for a very short time and then dunk in ice water to destroy the enzymes that cause them to break down over time. Or something like that... some nutrients are destroyed as well, but it locks in most of them so there isn't further loss which inevitably happens from freezing, blending, etc.

Someone correct me if I butchered that explanation

Back
Top Bottom