Made My Own

oh forgot did you poke holes in the end the water comes out with a needle? and then just rubber band the end to stop water from comin out?

yea but not with a needle i cut out little holes cuz the needle holes were too small... and yea just fold the tube and tie it with a rubber band

thanks alot man sorry i just keep on reading and reading i cant even get enough of this site lol but ill look for it now

yea i got a gatorade bottle but i can but that hosing for 19 cents a foot so itll cost me 12 bucks to make but way worth it

i really really like that idea! and the plants hanging down i suppose are what are called "drip vines" It's brilliant! GOLDEN!!! how did you secure the 'drip vines' to the top of the cage?

also i suppose you could actually have 3 or more hoses dripping water if you set it up creatively with another gang valve! it would be like having your own mister!!! THEN if you really wanted to do soemthing special, you could put the pump on a timer and have it go off at different increments during the day!!! iTS ABSoLOUTELY GENIUS!!!!

....*silence*............................*cough*..........*cough, cough*...............

... maybe im just a raging lunatic?! ...

the vines are plastic and i cut the end on them to be pointy and i pushed them trough the screen till they stuck there. yea you could do all that but for this works so i left it at this knowing that later i plan to buy one

Blood4eva69, shoot me a pm. I have all the supplies at my house but i can't comprehend what you did. I really dont understand hw it works.

That's a fantastic idea!!! I've got about 6 old fish pumps lying around and about 20' of air line lol, i'll have a go at making it :D

I've ordered the 22 gallon flexarium so should have a near ideal home for Shiver soon. :D

Nice idea. But how do you deal with flooding in the cage? My chams cage gets flooded everyday with all the misting and dripping. I need a solution on how to modify this. Did you make any mods to the bottom of your cage to drain the water out?

I have an ESU cage I am using right now for my jackson. It is 12"x18"x20" with the same type of bottom. What I did was drill out some large holes in the middle. I took a hot glue gun and some screen securing it to the bottom side of the bottom of the cage. Now mine is a little more light weight I would think because of the size differance and plants inside. I simply set it up over a tupperward container. I do have to pick it up and lay it off of the container to empty it (usually at night) but for the time being it is an easy solution for an non permanent cage. I can get some pictures tomorrow when he is awake. You could take some wood and elevate it off of the container. This would allow you to simply remove the catch container.

I forgot to mention this but I did take some silicon and rub it all through the corners on the inside of the cage. Did not feel like getting it together and finding out it was coming out of the corners.

Back
Top Bottom