Made a new aluminum screen cage

Good looking cage Todd! I'm sure you cham will love it. On the ones my husband made he cut the tubs down to about two or three inches deep so when your cham is in the bottom they can crawl up easier. He attached the tub to the inside of the cage, this left a small lip on the outside. He built a wooden frame with wheels on it and set the cage inside of it; makes it real easy to move around. When you get finished post some more photos. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Sweet cage. I used same screen. exept I backed mine with 1/8th in screen. i put in dowels to space out mesh and screen. my cham loves to climb and roam. at first his feet would snag, so i spaced screen and mesh about 1/4 in. still keeps in crickets. I had to down size my bask light the 2 layers proved to hold more heat than old mesh though.

Where did you get the fencing? I've been looking for stuff like that for the last few weeks and none of the garden or home improvement stores around me seem to have it.

very nice

I finished my cage for my female veiled. Now I need to make the stand with wheels to hold the cage. I made this cage with silver aluminum frame, gray screen and a cement tub for the bottom. Lined the inside with plastic fencing. Size 18 Deep 25 Wide 43 Tall. I built the cage around the tub. Home Depot has two sizes, large cement tubs 20 Deep 31 Wide, Small tub 18 Deep 25 Wide. For my male veiled's cage I used the large tub.

Thanks for looking!

Nice job man! Why exactly did you use the green plastic fencing? For mounting things maybe?

If any of you would like to see more photos of the making of the cage and the tools I used to make it, just go to my profile and see the cage album.

Back
Top Bottom