Made a new aluminum screen cage

beeze

Avid Member
I finished my cage for my female veiled. Now I need to make the stand with wheels to hold the cage. I made this cage with silver aluminum frame, gray screen and a cement tub for the bottom. Lined the inside with plastic fencing. Size 18 Deep 25 Wide 43 Tall. I built the cage around the tub. Home Depot has two sizes, large cement tubs 20 Deep 31 Wide, Small tub 18 Deep 25 Wide. For my male veiled's cage I used the large tub.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC_0234.jpg
    DSC_0234.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0230.jpg
    DSC_0230.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0233.jpg
    DSC_0233.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0235.jpg
    DSC_0235.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC_0237.jpg
    DSC_0237.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 318
very nice

u thought it out, and what a great end product.

@macro: there is screen on the outside of the mesh. the mesh is to prevent nail injuries :)

drainage

how are you going about it, and did you put mesh at the top of the cage too?

i think i can tell but is the mesh right up against the screen?

Very Very nice. I'm going with wood. Its cheaper. I was pricing items for an aluminum setup. Its was way to much. For the price, I could have built 2-3 wooden setups a lil bit smaller.

Looks awesome thou

Very Very nice. I'm going with wood. Its cheaper. I was pricing items for an aluminum setup. Its was way to much. For the price, I could have built 2-3 wooden setups a lil bit smaller.

Looks awesome thou

Alum is goin gto last a lot longer than wood... And makes a lot more sense when buiding an enclosure that will be recieve a lot of Misting. Not to say it cant be done with wood... But an alum cage is going to hold up a lot better than a wood one.

I have a wood cage that does look nice... And even with all the finishing that was done to the wood... Here a Year and a half later... I am going to be scrapping it..or at least doing major mods and replacing the floor and back of the cage with PVC.

I can see what your saying. With wood, it depends what kind and how its treated.
Houses are made out of wood for a reason. hey, I just think wood looks very nice.
Alum is goin gto last a lot longer than wood... And makes a lot more sense when buiding an enclosure that will be recieve a lot of Misting. Not to say it cant be done with wood... But an alum cage is going to hold up a lot better than a wood one.

I have a wood cage that does look nice... And even with all the finishing that was done to the wood... Here a Year and a half later... I am going to be scrapping it..or at least doing major mods and replacing the floor and back of the cage with PVC.

Beeze!! thanks for mentioning the mortar mixing tubs at Home Depot. I have been searching for a long time for something that would work well for the bottom of a cage and now i have found it!!!!

I just need to finish this by screening it!

IMG_0019.jpg

thanks!!!!

Todd

Back
Top Bottom