Madagascar palm

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
Has anyone tried to grow a Madagascar palm? I was on Etsy buying plant seeds when I came across the Madagascar seeds. Looked up the care and I think I have a good environment to try and grow them. I’m just trying to collect of native plants the chameleons are from

They are spiky I think! Im not sure how long it takes to grow from seem but some palms (and trees) are really slow growing. I have a mulberry sapling that looks about an inch taller than it was last year lol

They are spiky I think! Im not sure how long it takes to grow from seem but some palms (and trees) are really slow growing. I have a mulberry sapling that looks about an inch taller than it was last year lol
Yeah I stayed up reading about them. It will take a few years for them to become actual tress. Still a fun project to start for a future future build lol

Last edited:
Yeah I stayed but reading about them. It will take a few years for them to become actual tress. Still a fun project to start for a future future build lol

Theyre neat plants for sure. I dont have the patience to grow most from seed. I have some rare airplant seeds that will take like a year to germinate. A year!? I forget about leftovers in the fridge in a week - how am I supposed to remember to check on dirt everyday for a year?

Theyre neat plants for sure. I dont have the patience to grow most from seed. I have some rare airplant seeds that will take like a year to germinate. A year!? I forget about leftovers in the fridge in a week - how am I supposed to remember to check on dirt everyday for a year?
A year!!!! That’s a long time, I think I would throw them away forgetting I have seeds growing

I should send a picture of my desk. Sticky notes are onoly as good as the sticky noter. I have sticky note reminders on there from like 3 years ago that I forgot about!
Let’s be honest I can’t even remember where I up my coffee down in the morning lol

I also bought some white bird of paradise seed last week. I was a Home Depot when I came across one and it made my like EMO heart feel warm and fuzzy.

I even build a me a little garden bed with marigolds and asparagus ferns. My husband asked me what I was doing and I yelled “ building the Great Wall of China!” I was drunk image.jpg

I also bought some white bird of paradise seed last week. I was a Home Depot when I came across one and it made my like EMO heart feel warm and fuzzy.

I even build a me a little garden bed with marigolds and asparagus ferns. My husband asked me what I was doing and I yelled “ building the Great Wall of China!” I was drunkView attachment 265047

I LOVE white birds of paradise!! I get The Home Depot envy when I hear what other people have at their stores! Our stores are so blah in comparison. I should have been born on a tropical island considering my hobbies are orchids and chameleons, but nope I like in Michigan.

I love your "Great Wall of China". I think that's what you are going to have to call it from now on.

I should send a picture of my desk. Sticky notes are onoly as good as the sticky noter. I have sticky note reminders on there from like 3 years ago that I forgot about!

A phone alarm that goes off daily! The alert tune could play something from Little Shop of Horrors.

I LOVE white birds of paradise!! I get The Home Depot envy when I hear what other people have at their stores! Our stores are so blah in comparison. I should have been born on a tropical island considering my hobbies are orchids and chameleons, but nope I like in Michigan.

I love your "Great Wall of China". I think that's what you are going to have to call it from now on.
We usually don’t have them in our Home Depot so I was really pleased to see them. Since they are seeds I’m going to be waiting awhile for a flower. They take almost a month or more to germinate, then a few years for a flower because they need a certain number of leaves b4 a flower can shot. I hear it very rewarding to grow from a seed so I’m excited to try it out.

from here on the flower bed shell be named “wall of China”. Maybe my husband will be less home sick when he sees it?

Lol girl friend... im a lost cause. Give up on me! Here are my current iphone alarms... this is actually my real phone

Lol! My husband has multiple alarms too! He never wakes up to them, but I do to every single one of them!

I'm pretty darn tolerant, except for the time his alarm sound was an AK-47!!! Who the hell wakes up to a semi-automatic weapon going off by choice??? I yelled at him to shut it off but I used language that was a bit stronger. He didn't understand why I was so upset.

Has anyone tried to grow a Madagascar palm? I was on Etsy buying plant seeds when I came across the Madagascar seeds. Looked up the care and I think I have a good environment to try and grow them. I’m just trying to collect of native plants the chameleons are from

Hope you have a metal halide or mercury vapor fixture, I never had much success with palms without super powerful lights, starting from seeds is another aspect since improper lighting can make a really scraggly plant.

Keep us updated. Biotopes are cool. And I love those systems.

Lol girl friend... im a lost cause. Give up on me! Here are my current iphone alarms... this is actually my real phone

Lol! My husband has multiple alarms too! He never wakes up to them, but I do to every single one of them!

I'm pretty darn tolerant, except for the time his alarm sound was an AK-47!!! Who the hell wakes up to a semi-automatic weapon going off by choice??? I yelled at him to shut it off but I used language that was a bit stronger. He didn't understand why I was so upset.

Loled at both of these. I'm the note/reminder psycho. Mostly so I can put everything off to tomorrow haha.

Back
Top Bottom