Madagascar Jasmin, the perfect living vine

Thanks for the bump great thread , my favorite Vining plant inside my terrariums is creeping fig no it’s not great for Chamaeleon Highways The tiny leaves and clinging ability to walls etc. Gives a bonsai effect in a small enclosure .. once acclimated to the low light levels it grows rather quickly . Sorry for the foggy picture but I’m not going to clear her tank for a pic maybe I’ll get one later🤷🏽‍♂️
Thanks for sharing 👍🏻

I'm currently letting plants grow out and have seen probably 2 feet of growth in a month from a stephanotis vine in an enclosure right next to a south window. Didn't see any for a month and a leaf or two died, but I fertilized it soon it started. Then it really took off. I also got some seeds that have sprouted and recently placed right next to the big one so will update how those end up.

I'm currently letting plants grow out and have seen probably 2 feet of growth in a month from a stephanotis vine in an enclosure right next to a south window. Didn't see any for a month and a leaf or two died, but I fertilized it soon it started. Then it really took off. I also got some seeds that have sprouted and recently placed right next to the big one so will update how those end up.
Keep us posted and don´t be shy posting pictures ;)

Here's they are! Had to close the curtains for the photo. The sprouts have only been in that spot for a couple days.

Attachments

• PXL_20220610_170625986.jpg
    PXL_20220610_170625986.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20220610_170437554.jpg
    PXL_20220610_170437554.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 74
So glad that folks on the forum recommended this plant!

I put a Madagascar Jasmine outside to see how it would handle it and I'm happy to say it's thriving and has gone into full flower I think I'm going to go get another from the nursery for the outdoor enclosure after some other plants have failed to survive. This vine will lash out and grow on just about anything but seems to like the handle for the sun shade

The rapid growth was rewarding but the lovely blooms have really made this one of my favorite plants in a yard with dozens of ornamental plants and a few fruit trees

Attachments

• 20220724_120743.jpg
    20220724_120743.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220724_122822.jpg
    20220724_122822.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220724_120552.jpg
    20220724_120552.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 65
I have to ask, are these leaf bits poisonous for chams? I didn't think this plant is toxic???
There´s no direct evidence for both, that they are or aren´t poisonous. However, m y veiled has been nibbing from them and no signs so far. If I remember it correctly is Bill Strand using them as well for some enclosures.

There´s no direct evidence for both, that they are or aren´t poisonous. However, m y veiled has been nibbing from them and no signs so far. If I remember it correctly is Bill Strand using them as well for some enclosures.
Thanks for the reply on this vine, which is all over my yard where a young wild Cham escaped.

Back
Top Bottom