Madagascar closed to export!

JacksJill

Website Manager
Staff member
I'm hearing rumors from reliable sources that Madagascar is closed to export at least temporarily since Jan 29th.
Does anyone have any inside information on this?

How is your french?
Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.30.46 PM.png

There have been many recent deforestation issues that have been in the news, but I have not seen any specific animal import restrictions.

It’s gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out it’s all true it is shut down there’s a few more imports coming in after that it’s all over could be some years before they open back up or to obtain the licenses just for chams it could hurt us tho

Have they ever put a moritorium on exports before? I understand what it means for the gene pool and captive populations but what does this mean for the US market? Are we going to be looking at $500 female panthers in the coming years?

My immediate reaction was stock up now, don’t know if that’s actually warranted...

Have they ever put a moritorium on exports before? I understand what it means for the gene pool and captive populations but what does this mean for the US market? Are we going to be looking at $500 female panthers in the coming years?

My immediate reaction was stock up now, don’t know if that’s actually warranted...
Dont know.. maybe we will have to start some genetic exchange country to country like usa/canada because other than that we gonne have some inbreeding problem.. in the other hand.. verry few imported animals survived and verry few breed are breeded so maybe we will apreciate more what we got

I heard this has happened before as the government changed leadership and it was temporary but that doesn't prove anything for this time.
We really need to cherish the Madagascar species we have.
Good!
Soooo... i got 3 females lateralis.. was looking for a male lol.. i wish partenogenesis exist!!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom