Madagascar closed to export!

Are we going to be looking at $500 female panthers in the coming years?

My immediate reaction was stock up now, don’t know if that’s actually warranted...

Personally, I hope it causes them to cost more. I'm all for things being affordable to people, but exotic animals is the exception. Not that I'm rich-not even close, but these creatures are a passion of mine, so i focus the money I do have on them. Just as someone heavily involved with music would spend money on an expensive instrument. It bothers me seeing every kid with a veiled(i know, not Madagascar), and it seems headed that way with Panthers and even Parsons. Becoming cool throw away toys.

Unfortunately, it would suck for captive breeding, I get that.

Personally, I hope it causes them to cost more. I'm all for things being affordable to people, but exotic animals is the exception. Not that I'm rich-not even close, but these creatures are a passion of mine, so i focus the money I do have on them. Just as someone heavily involved with music would spend money on an expensive instrument. It bothers me seeing every kid with a veiled(i know, not Madagascar), and it seems headed that way with Panthers and even Parsons. Becoming cool throw away toys.

Unfortunately, it would suck for captive breeding, I get that.
parsons? really?

I don't have a problem with Madagascar doing what they need to do to control poaching and other problems. It's just if they stay closed people here will really have to coordinate and cooperate in their captive breeding if we are to continue to have a health pet population.

but hardly anywhere near as a Panther or velied.

Depending on who you buy from they are/ were getting pretty close. One I'm hoping to go through, before the shut down at least, said his next yl clutch would likely be around $500 a piece. With shipping added, only $125 more then I paid for one of my wc panthers last year. Then you had places like backwater selling parsons for less then/ equal to panthers last year trying to move them at too young of an age too.

@leedragon I would have to agree with @jamest0o0, you can see for yourself on the forum marketplace. A vendor was just recently selling CB unsexed parsonii for $399 each. I'd say that's right up there with a Kammerflage Kreations panther!
hm well that is low for a parson. I haven´t seen those add. But that is a high price for a Panther now Days. even on the expensive side if you Think back in the Days. Yet not near as yu 10 euros Yemen or 50 dollor Panther. But the price has dropp. Don´t Think they can go much lower though. Atleast if CB. it takes a shit ton of time and work to make them hatch. and anyone who would sell them as cheap as other common species would be just plain mental.

@leedragon I would have to agree with @jamest0o0, you can see for yourself on the forum marketplace. A vendor was just recently selling CB unsexed parsonii for $399 each. I'd say that's right up there with a Kammerflage Kreations panther!
Yup that was me. I'd hardly call myself a vendor. There was a period there where we hit maximum Parsonii market saturation, you would be surprised at how few people there are that actually have an interest in purchasing these chameleons and are willing to pay for them.
Prices will be going up this year ;) :ROFLMAO:

It’s my understanding the closure is due to the change in government. How long it will last is just speculation at this point.

Parson’s availability right now is very limited. I’m curious if import orders placed before the shutdown will go through. I get people asking me for Parson’s pricing daily. I know of some selling for $1200 and know others are planning to sell babies when they hatch for $1000. I still haven’t decided for sure what i’ll be asking for my current babies but I have a few months to decide.

Wow that's crazy. I see this happens lot in the aquarium industry. Indonesia is still shut down for coral. That's been about a year or 2.

Guess I better get an oustalets sooner then later before the price shoots up.

This makes it even more important for people to breed responsibly. There will start to be a lot of incest with people who only want to sell chams. Need to keep the best documents on blood lines we can.

Wow that's crazy. I see this happens lot in the aquarium industry. Indonesia is still shut down for coral. That's been about a year or 2.

Guess I better get an oustalets sooner then later before the price shoots up.

This makes it even more important for people to breed responsibly. There will start to be a lot of incest with people who only want to sell chams. Need to keep the best documents on blood lines we can.

Personally.. I don't thinks this is a bad things actually.. it will give time too the breeder community to work together and to really care abut their animal.. will also improve the average value of the cb animals.. to my point of view I think only the breeder must be allowed to buy wc animals.. so maybe this is a starting point to a good turn over?

Back
Top Bottom