Lush rainforest required !

onisuk

I planted up my first live viv a few months ago and now most of the moss has died off and the plants don't look super healthy. Doing some research it was possibly my choice of lighting. I only had 2X 2.0 uva bulbs and not the correct colour temp to grow plants! So I have swapped out for 2X daylight bulbs 6000k as I have seen people swear by them.
Now my only question is what plants can I put in my tropical viv that will give it that dense rainforest look !?
I would like my pygmy's to feel right at home, currently looks a bit sparce :eek:(

Hey there! My local nursery had a section inside the green house area, with tiny small plants that I used for my Pygmy tank. I used dwarf umbrella trees and they absolutely love them, they drink from the leaves, and hide under them. Also a fern, baby tears, and a ficus.

I planted up my first live viv a few months ago and now most of the moss has died off and the plants don't look super healthy. Doing some research it was possibly my choice of lighting. I only had 2X 2.0 uva bulbs and not the correct colour temp to grow plants! So I have swapped out for 2X daylight bulbs 6000k as I have seen people swear by them.
Now my only question is what plants can I put in my tropical viv that will give it that dense rainforest look !?
I would like my pygmy's to feel right at home, currently looks a bit sparce :eek:(

The only issue I see (but I haven't kept pygmies) is that the intense light may not be what the chams would choose. They are an understory species so may try to avoid the brighter light level. Your plantings would need to be fairly dense for them.

Yes that's what I'm after my tank being a bit of a dense Forrest for them to hide in, the few plants I currently have they love hiding in !
Need to get some more plants then !!!:

Back
Top Bottom