Lump in throat/neck

Hi,
My female panther has this odd shape around neck area. Not sure if it's normal or something to be concerned about. Took a photo I'll upload it.

Attachments

• 20210824_062513.jpg
    20210824_062513.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210824_062506.jpg
    20210824_062506.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 99
Edema.... Most common with incorrect supplementation. Can also be associated with a supplement that is being used correctly but the cham simply does not tolerate the dosage.

What are your supplements and what is your schedule using them?

Another vote for edema. What is your vit A and D sched and dosage? Also lighting setup. This can be corrected in a few weeks if you are just over doing the lighting+d3 combo.
I use reptivite an calcium with d3 twice a month. An use calcium without d3 every feeding. Hornworms/cricket always use without d3. I use the reptisun 5.0 t5 an basic 75 watt white bulb.

What is edema? With being under of the age of one. When should I add a laying bin. Thinking to use the organic potting soil/play sand method in a 8 inch pot

Edema is a swelling (normally head/throat area) that is caused by over supplementing with fat soluble vitamins/minerals. A normal case would be someone keeping a chameleon outside, yet still providing the D3 twice a month.

Photos I took earlier today.

If i were you, i would stop all vitamin and mineral supplements, other than straight calcium, for two weeks. See if it goes away.

It may be as simple as you dont need the D3 anymore, or your gut load is so on point that you dont need to supplement as much with vitamin powder.

If i were you, i would stop all vitamin and mineral supplements, other than straight calcium, for two weeks. See if it goes away.

It may be as simple as you dont need the D3 anymore, or your gut load is so on point that you dont need to supplement as much with vitamin powder.
I can do that with straight calcium. I use the bug powder with gut loading. Add collard greens an snow peas. Mostly just for extra water an nutrients.

In your other thread, the UVB level was 56, while this one it's 145. Did you change the bulb or something?

So she is actually not getting D3 at all... It could be that she is sensitive to the supplement. We have seen this also with females that are closer to laying.
Let me know if you want to do a supplement change and I can recommend some others.
Sure interested in the recommendation. Would just be for a female correct?

Back
Top Bottom