Lump in neck

Tudatuda

F1BA6932-60E9-4635-9160-456E3167EF1F.jpeg
860EE4E3-FEEE-4370-9727-2D7664B8FC66.jpeg
I have a neonate Jackson’s chameleon about 3 weeks old or less. I’ve noticed lately he has a little lump in his neck and I just want to make sure I adjust anything if needed in his feeding/watering/enclosure. I feed him gutloaded pinheads (carrots and mango in alternation). so far I’ve dusted the crickets once two weeks ago with calcium (no d3). Last week I did a very light dusting of reptivite. I have a “little dripper” that drips into his enclosure and spray him with filtered water multiple times a day. We are in Hawaii so ambient temps are about 80-85f. Any advice would help. I’ve attached a couple pics. Thanks!

Okay that’s what I thought... :( how can I fix that? Will it just go away over time?
His enclosure is inside by a window but sometimes I take him outside for some real sunlight.. not for very long though. I’ll probably get a good plant for him to climb around on the lanai if that would be good for him.

I do have to say the lump is pretty generous this could be a vitamin overload you do need to gut load the Crickets with some better gut load other than carrots and Mangos it's just that they don't have the nutrition or even the Water 2 to fully ingest by The Chameleons in turn ingesting by the water and vitamin supplements that you can get they have a gut load for a ripHashi Burger super gut load as well as some Vitamin Water for the Crickets now as far as the sun goes as long as you have UVB you should be fine but what I do with my chameleons as I let him be outside for a little bit just to get the the full Ray unfortunately the sun gives out a lot of UV different types of uv's so you know obviously the more important 1 is the UVB for the chameleon species so if you're noticing a lump it could be vitamin overload or deficiency in UVB rays or inefficient water intake and maybe even output. I think everything is counter reactive if you somehow have the three of these basic elements in a nice balanced environment you should have no problem usually a Calcium deficiency would be noted with sunken eyes discoloration lethargy eventually leading to liver Disorder so you're going to have to make sure use of better supplements as well as a light dust of calcium on a regular basis but for now with that lump it could be either one of those 3

I hope everything gets better and I hope that was helpful you should also look at your own resources make sure you look at. Org or Edu more scholarly articles on the subject maybe even educational journals if you tap into the closest college near you well I hope the best I hope you have a good night

I hope everything gets better and I hope that was helpful you should also look at your own resources make sure you look at. Org or Edu more scholarly articles on the subject maybe even educational journals if you tap into the closest college near you well I hope the best I hope you have a good night

Thank you! I will try to balance those three things better. I was actually thinking the crickets may have arrived to me gutloaded with something from the pet store that threw him off balance because he was okay before this last batch of cricks.

Thank you! I will try to balance those three things better. I was actually thinking the crickets may have arrived to me gutloaded with something from the pet store that threw him off balance because he was okay before this last batch of cricks.

Get the crickets off a grain-based diet. Up the misting a lot, natural sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom