Luigi.. just want some opinions

I was thinking of getting a computer fan
Please do. Im glad you managed to sneak by for two years without an RI, but it is truly just a matter of time with what your running.

Is there a reason you don't want to post pics of the entire aquarium? I mean we've already established what it is, you can only benefit from it.

Please do. Im glad you managed to sneak by for two years without an RI, but it is truly just a matter of time with what your running.

Is there a reason you don't want to post pics of the entire aquarium? I mean we've already established what it is, you can only benefit from it.

Lol i never said i didnt want to post entire pic... lol here is my improper set up.. i read the caresheet last night properly not in between the lines... and i have changes coming, im actually going to the store today and get a few things... and gonna remove the waterfall thing and a put in a dripper. Also wanted to ask if i want his basking spot be a little hoter what should i get a bulb with higher wattage? Its at 80 right now.. which i think is good for his age.(8months to a year). I know i can bring the lights closer but i dont really want to do that. Lol
Thanks for everyone for the concerns and the help. I know im not very knowledgeable but ill try to improve that.

Supplements:
Repti cal without d3 eveyday for 5 days
Repcal herptivite multivitamins 2 day not right after each other

Repti cal with d3 1 day every 2 weeks

Repashy cal plus lob 1 day for the vitam A every 2 weeks

Diet daily every morning
About 10 crickets fed with fluckers high calcium diet and the orange cubee, sometimes carrots or lettuce and mango lol

Also hornworms 2 a day in the morning sometimes at 7pm when i get home but i know should not be feeding him before sleep.

Also like to give super worms medium once in a while about 5

This is the same diet i had for my previous girl.

As for water you already know my horrible water fall... i do mist in the morning to get the some water on leaves just incase and my humidifier does drip as on to a leaf too.

I have my lights on automatic from 9am to 9 pm...
I was using a black light for sleep but read is not recommended and im switching to a heat emitter bulb. my apt is at 60s during the night but also read they can use the cooler temp to sleep but i rather have some kind of heat emitting just incase.. the tank is at 64 bottom and 70 at the highest point with the night light right now.. i will try to have the same witht the emitter... if that to warm let me know lol

I know this is not all info you guys ask for but im reading the caresheet today again before i go to the store... make sure i have everything i need.. thank you for reading my long post im sure i miss a couple points lol

Forgot to post the pics

I recommend simplifying this by switching to Repashy LoD, put it on every feeder every time.

Diet daily every morning
About 10 crickets fed with fluckers high calcium diet and the orange cubee, sometimes carrots or lettuce and mango lol
Its time to start cutting back to the every other day feeding schedule. Don't just jump straight into it, phase it in gradually over the next month or two. however now that your heading in that direction your gutload is more important than ever. With adults, think quality over quantity. Id recommend Repashy Bug Burger or Cricket Crack, both on Amazon.

As for water you already know my horrible water fall... i do mist in the morning to get the some water on leaves just incase and my humidifier does drip as on to a leaf too.
Good call!

I was using a black light for sleep but read is not recommended and im switching to a heat emitter bulb. my apt is at 60s during the night but also read they can use the cooler temp to sleep but i rather have some kind of heat emitting just incase.. the tank is at 64 bottom and 70 at the highest point with the night light right now.. i will try to have the same witht the emitter... if that to warm let me know lol
You do not need any heat at all unless your house gets down into the low 50s every night.

I recommend simplifying this by switching to Repashy LoD, put it on every feeder every time.

Its time to start cutting back to the every other day feeding schedule. Don't just jump straight into it, phase it in gradually over the next month or two. however now that your heading in that direction your gutload is more important than ever. With adults, think quality over quantity. Id recommend Repashy Bug Burger or Cricket Crack, both on Amazon.

Good call!

You do not need any heat at all unless your house gets down into the low 50s every night.

Thank you i will do as you recommend on food and supplements

You MUST upgrade to T5HO lighting, coil UVB guarantees MBD at some point.

Also you have a Veiled, they are known for eating foliage, especially females. All the fake plants need to go and get replaced with live ones. Believe it or not veilds have been killed by eating fake plants and blocking their digestive system.

one more, that temp/humidity gauge in the back is known for being notoriously inaccurate. Upgrade to one not marketed to the reptile trade. Could be digital or analogue. A good one is about $20.

You MUST upgrade to T5HO lighting, coil UVB guarantees MBD at some point.

Also you have a Veiled, they are known for eating foliage, especially females. All the fake plants need to go and get replaced with live ones. Believe it or not veilds have been killed by eating fake plants and blocking their digestive system.
Okay thank you... any specific brand you used for the bulbs or kit?

Lol i never said i didnt want to post entire pic... lol here is my improper set up.. i read the caresheet last night properly not in between the lines... and i have changes coming, im actually going to the store today and get a few things... and gonna remove the waterfall thing and a put in a dripper. Also wanted to ask if i want his basking spot be a little hoter what should i get a bulb with higher wattage? Its at 80 right now.. which i think is good for his age.(8months to a year). I know i can bring the lights closer but i dont really want to do that. Lol
Thanks for everyone for the concerns and the help. I know im not very knowledgeable but ill try to improve that.

Supplements:

Diet daily every morning

Also hornworms 2 a day in the morning sometimes at 7pm when i get home but i know should not be feeding him before sleep.

Also like to give super worms medium once in a while about 5

This is the same diet i had for my previous girl.

I have my lights on automatic from 9am to 9 pm...

I know this is not all info you guys ask for but im reading the caresheet today again before i go to the store... make sure i have everything i need.. thank you for reading my long post im sure i miss a couple points lol
I don’t recommend the repashy LoD anymore. I recommend the sticky tongue outdoor formula with no d3. The Uvb bulb is all the d3 your Cham needs of your getting readings of 3 uvi index. Some members have been reporting edema in there chams who use LoD. I’ll link you the lights you need and the supplements I recommend

supplement
https://www.stickytonguefarms.com/collections/frontpage/products/miner-all-outdoor

lights
Oppolite T5 2FT/24W 2-lamp... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJ6B3PV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This light has individual reflectors. You’ll want to take out one bulb and replace it with a uvb that I will link below. You want to buy a t5 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store...KUnHaL-Yt3AZcj8SwBk3hFjinLmXN-q0aAoH7EALw_wcB

Last edited:
I don’t recommend the repashy LoD anymore. I recommend the sticky tongue outdoor formula with no d3. The Uvb bulb is all the d3 your Cham needs of your getting readings of 3 uvi index. Some members have been reporting edema in there chams who use LoD. I’ll link you the lights you need and the supplements I recommend

supplement
https://www.stickytonguefarms.com/collections/frontpage/products/miner-all-outdoor

lights
Oppolite T5 2FT/24W 2-lamp... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJ6B3PV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This light has individual reflectors. You’ll want to take out one bulb and replace it with a uvb that I will link below. You want to buy a t5 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store...KUnHaL-Yt3AZcj8SwBk3hFjinLmXN-q0aAoH7EALw_wcB

Thank you i order them...

Last edited:
i Have the hood and what I do is one bulb is the 6500k that comes with the hood. I took one of the bulbs out and replaced it with a uvb bulb. You still want to have a basking spot because the hood won’t reach basking temp.

since you have a veiled they are know to eat plants so I recommend taking all the plastic plants out and replace them with live plants. They will also help with shedding and provide nice humidity pockets for the cham. I will like a list of plants
https://flchams.com/chameleon-safe-plant-list/

Back
Top Bottom