Low temporment

Daughty

Which type of cham is the least low tempermented, like they dont have an attitude, and like to be handled or interact with you? Any suggestions or is this based off of the breeder, and the pick of the liter?

Which type of cham is the least low tempermented, like they dont have an attitude, and like to be handled or interact with you? Any suggestions or is this based off of the breeder, and the pick of the liter?

it depends dude......each cham their own personality...you sorta get lucky with friendly chams, tolerating chams, passive, calm, moody, skittish, scared, freak out, and just plane goofball...lol

though there have been off perefences.....they say veileds are the moody ones....panthers are more liklely to be friendly, but i have seen nice veields and pissed off panthers....so it all depends....i hope this helps...

i know my veiled, is im sorry to say, but the biggest ass hole. ever lol. but i still love him

LOL My little guy, 3 month old veiled, grew some balls lately and for the first time last night he actually hissed, gapped and tried to bite me. Before that he was such a timid little guy. I kinda like the fact that he is starting to act more mature.

People seem to say that from about 5-6 months to 1 year that a lot can be mean. It's also an individual basis, some are mean some arent. I do know Jackson's chams are a lot nicer than some other breeds in the sense that they wont attack you, but its still individual whether or not they want to be held.

Picture1137460.jpg

This guy loves to be handled:D

my nosy be is a scardy cat haha. as soon as i open the cage door, she watches my every move, and if my hand starts to go into the cage she starts walking away :p especially when its coming towards her. hopefully she wont be as scared once she gets a little bigger.

Most caged animals view their enclosure as "their" territory and by putting your hand in their enclosure is invading their space and their instinct is to defend it.

Luck of the draw my friend! Only way to be sure the animal will be tolerant of people is to buy an adult animal that already has an established personality. Those are hard to find though as it is more of an exception. Besides, even chameleons that tolerate handling can get extremely stressed from it.

ya my cham does the same, when i put my hand in his cage, he puffs up. but lately ive had the cage open and set a shafflera tree infront of him, and he's able to free range where ever he wants to so.

Back
Top Bottom