Low Humidity??

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have a veiled cham and where I'm at, its pretty dry. I have around 25-30% humidity, and if I mist, the humidity goes up for about 1 hour. I have shower curtains around two sides of the enclosure, I mist 4 times a day, my enclosure has two umbrella trees, two pothos , and some moss, and I I just can't keep my humidity up. My cham is shedding, and after 3 days it only shed around a quarter of his body due to low humidity, I read online. I was thinking of getting a fogger, and was wondering which one you guys would recommend? It can't be too expensive. I also thought of getting a room humidifier, but I thought the Phthalates or other chemicals would be bad for him. Whart should I do? What are the health risks of low humidity?

Attachments

• ADULTPABLOCAGE.JPG
    ADULTPABLOCAGE.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 47
I haven't looked at foggers, but I think vields are more rain oriented.
I would either invest in good MistKing w/ timer. I have mine hooked up to a 5 gal bucket, so I can mist often and for long periods at a time. (I originally was planning a panther). This setup is above my tub, so I can run all the water I want.
The other cheaper option is using a weed sprayer with the trigger removed. I use this with my male. The room he is in is dryer 25 -30% I give a few pumps and rains for a few minuets. It is great and cheap. He likes it better that misting.
As a note for the male, I would call this just effective enough. He was having some very minor shedding issues, I increased the rain volume and it went away. I too am looking to boost overall humidity. I have open air enclosures so it is tricky.
Also I don't know your setup, but if it fits in a bathroom that is a great way to keep humidity up. This is where I keep my female.

I haven't looked at foggers, but I think vields are more rain oriented.
I would either invest in good MistKing w/ timer. I have mine hooked up to a 5 gal bucket, so I can mist often and for long periods at a time. (I originally was planning a panther). This setup is above my tub, so I can run all the water I want.
The other cheaper option is using a weed sprayer with the trigger removed. I use this with my male. The room he is in is dryer 25 -30% I give a few pumps and rains for a few minuets. It is great and cheap. He likes it better that misting.
As a note for the male, I would call this just effective enough. He was having some very minor shedding issues, I increased the rain volume and it went away. I too am looking to boost overall humidity. I have open air enclosures so it is tricky.
Also I don't know your setup, but if it fits in a bathroom that is a great way to keep humidity up. This is where I keep my female.
I'll try the weed sprayer technique. my setup is in my room.

I'll try the weed sprayer technique. my setup is in my room.

with a screen cage it will probably give all you need

Back
Top Bottom