- Your Chameleon - Louie- veiled chameleon. He's about 2 yrs old. Have had him for about 2 months currently.
- Handling - i handle him almost daily whether its just petting him or having him come out and hold.
- Feeding - louie eats predominantly superworms (6-8) about every other day. I put reptipowder on them about 1x a wk
- Supplements - iuse the repti calcium powder.
- Watering - i have a the water dripper and I use a cool humidity fogger which goes off every 2 hrs for 30 min providing extra moisture on the plants which Louie will drink off.
- Fecal Description - louie's droppings are like a brown and then white.
- History - louie was purchased a little over 2 yrs ago bu a family and they earlier this summer decided they didn't want him.and put in on consignment to a local pet food supplier. He was there 4-5 months and didnt really like anyone toughing him but he would let me hold him and he would sit on my had or chest chilling when he wouldnt let anyone else do it. He went thru a shed right before I got him and had to be taken to the vet for him to help because he some shed stuck in some glands that was causing it to get infected.the vet helped with that and got the pieces of shed skin out of the glands. He also said the "mole" on his was not something to worry about because he had it for a good while and doesn't seem to hurt him or bother him.
- Cage Type - full screen cage thats i believe 16x16x36 ish
- Lighting - the reptlighting with uvb blue and white lights
- Temperature - the average temp in cage is about 72ish based on the basic thermometer i have for hs cage.
- Humidity - Wi do not know specifically what the humidity levels are in the cage as im not sure how to measure that. I do run a himidity fogger every 2 hrs for 30 minutes.
- Plants - no live plants yet but will be adding some. Need to find an organic plant shop so I can get one that doesn't have pesticides in them.
- Placement - the cage is located behind my desk at school on top of a tall mini fridge. Its taller than my 4ft metal books case. Traffic is just me going to/from my desk.
- Location - Round Rock, TX -just noth of Austin in central texas.
Here are pictures of my setup and light and heat source as well as the powder i use and some of his droppings from yesterday. ObviouslyI would love more hel on making his cage more friendly with love plants. Ive changed the subtrate from the wood subtrate to the carpet subtreate. I also have a shed soak that ive done with him 1x but need to do again cuz he is shedding some.
Current Problem - overall making sure Louie is okay. I'm really wanting to be a good Chameleon mom and make sure that he is happy and healthy.