LOTS of snow in Vegas

Vegas Chad

Avid Member
I have never in all my days here seen this much snow...

DSC05572.jpg

DSC05571.jpg

DSC05564.jpg

DSC05563.jpg

DSC05562.jpg

DSC05558.jpg

My new chameleon set up... As the snow melts it will water the chameleons! PERFECT!

DSC05557.jpg

After 15min of sit'n in the show with the engine off... I think ill soon have a white truck, not blue!

DSC05576.jpg

DSC05575.jpg

Weather man says we might get up to 8" out here by the lake where I live.

Thats cool Chad. Maybe:rolleyes: Hahaha. To someone who doesnt see much snow I am sure it is but me. I have to deal with it every year and I cant even stand the cold when its not snowing. I have to travel across the Appalachian Mts. (which arent like the rockys but) about 4 hours to be able to see my family. It stinks in the winter time because I dont get a chance to see them much. Even if its not snowing here its snowing up further in the mountains which is very dangerous when it comes to driving. I have slid down a mountain before and it wasnt very fun. Anyway just ranting about how I am envious of all you warm weather folk. Hope things are going well out west for you and enjoy that snow while it lasts. Snow ball fights are fun:D

I'm totally bummed about this. My little sister was supposed to fly in tonight from Detroit and Vegas airport is closed!!!! When does that ever happen anywhere else? They just must not have the equipment to clear the runways or something.

you would not be able to get her... The news said that the pass to the hump was closed...

This has not happened in many many years... So with that taken into account its nice to have it.

I live way up in northern BC, Canada and I think we have a few feet already...but yes, airports close all the time due to snow, you guys are just lucky it happens so seldom!!! ;)

Vegas snow!

Here are some more pictures I took after I was home! It is now almost 6 inches deep and still snowing out there!! I am sooooooo excited! I love the snow and it's so exciting b/c we hardly ever see it and here it is like this in Vegas! :)

snow017.jpg

Measuring the 5 inches!

snow025.jpg

snow018.jpg

snow030.jpg

snow043.jpg

Our street

snow044.jpg

snow032.jpg

Building my snowman

snow038.jpg

My cute little Minnie snowman! :)

They're also cancelling public schools tomorrow for a "snow day." That's gotta be the first ever snow day in Las Vegas. And now I'm stuck entertaining a 6 year old LOL....

I'm a little jealous. We never get snow here in south Georgia. It was 79 degrees here today. The chams spent the day outside. Hard to get in the Christmas spirit when your hot.

LoL, yes...it's definitely hard to think about Christmas when it's still warm outside. That definitely helped here seeing all the snow all over the valley b/c just about a week ago it was in the 70's too! haha. Vegas weather is nuts! :)

The weather is crazy down here in New Orleans too. it snowed last Wednesday and it was 80 degrees today! Its December for crying out loud!

I wish we could have snow here in the valley it would be incredible. I cant wait to come to vegas during Christmas I hope the snow lasts till then

lol....Christmas back home = summer which means 100F or more and bbq outside with the family, kids running a muck everywhere, swimming in the pool and air conditioning going at full blast :D

This is the first christmas where I can look outside and see snow in the mountains and its going down to 38f here tonight. Not cold enough for snow but cold enough to be a pain in the a$$ without the fun of snow :(

Back
Top Bottom