LOTS of snow in Vegas

We have 6 inches from a couple of days ago. Tonight we will likely get another foot. I can see that I'm going to be spending all day tomorrow digging out. Good thing I went and got insects today. There's supposed to be more snow on Sunday....and...I don't even live in the snowbelt here...which usually gets a lot more than we do....
http://www.thestar.com/article/556009

It has been snowing here, too, for the last week. It almost never snows right here in Portland, and when it does, it doesn't usually stick. It has been crazy the last few days.

Global Warming at work here:eek:

I'm still waiting for people to give me credit for predicting this day would come 6 or 8 months ago.... Remember the global warming thread?

Sad thing is, they're (Al Gore and associates, and millions of people in the US) still trying to figure out how to blame this on global warming. One of those "it's so hot, it's cold" type of things.

I know in Vegas it is a big deal to get that kind of snow...but in Michigan that is nothing. Right now we have a blizzard pretty much. It has been snowing an inch an hour non stop since 12am and it is now 12 pm and still going...So we have had a foot of snow..well almost, so I gues not quite an inch an hour :) Have fun with the snow! Hopefully the people over there arn't driving like maniacs because of it :)

I'm still waiting for people to give me credit for predicting this day would come 6 or 8 months ago.... Remember the global warming thread?

Sad thing is, they're (Al Gore and associates, and millions of people in the US) still trying to figure out how to blame this on global warming. One of those "it's so hot, it's cold" type of things.

I don't know. It could be global warming still. In that Al Gore movie he said that after the polar ice caps melt, the world will cool down before it heats up.

Tyler, is it still snowy there? I'm taking my wife there for a surprise trip in january. If there's snow on the ground - I lose.

Tyler, is it still snowy there? I'm taking my wife there for a surprise trip in january. If there's snow on the ground - I lose.

Any trip in January not to the Pomona show is a loss in my book. :p:p:p jk

When are you going out there? I plan on going in the middle of the month. for me I wouldn't mind the snow as long as it doesn't screw up my drive. ;)

I am sure it will be short lived , it will be cold for sure.

I don't know. It could be global warming still. In that Al Gore movie he said that after the polar ice caps melt, the world will cool down before it heats up.

The movie that has been proven to be about 70% false? Polar ice caps are no longer melting, and many of them grew dramatically in the past year. This is also coming from Al Gore; the man who has made millions by freaking people out about global warming (when a vast majority of climate scientists now believe it's all a hoax - even CNN admitted it the other day). People just have to believe what they want to believe, I guess. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy a cool winter followed by a cool summer here in the desert.

Royden, I don't think there will be snow on the ground unless it snows again a day or two before you get here... It's pretty much gone here in town already. It doesn't rain here much, but when it happens to rain on a day that happens to be much colder than normal is about the only time we get snow (once every few years). There's still snow all around on the mountains outside Vegas, but Vegas temps are in the 40's and up to 50 in the next few days, so it didn't last long. We're taking a dirtbike trip up into those mountains in the morning to try to ride in some snow before it's gone (it's nice to be cool when riding and the dirt is wet so there's no dust). Let me know when you get here (you too Ryan) and we'll grab dinner.

Cool, thanks guys!

I would love to hook up with whoever is in town (and believe me I thought about how I could pull it off) but we're only going to be in vegas for two nights (1 full day) and we've never been to vegas before, and it's my sweet wife's 30th birthday so it's all about her. I need to give her a whole 48 hours of chameleon free talk. It's my gift to her. That and the circque tix.

I truly hate being there and not being able to visit your guys' projects.

Cool, thanks guys!

I would love to hook up with whoever is in town (and believe me I thought about how I could pull it off) but we're only going to be in vegas for two nights (1 full day) and we've never been to vegas before, and it's my sweet wife's 30th birthday so it's all about her. I need to give her a whole 48 hours of chameleon free talk. It's my gift to her. That and the circque tix.

I truly hate being there and not being able to visit your guys' projects.

Wow!

Where can I find someone like you??? You have a very lucky wife :)

That's cool, I'm over the chameleons anyways... We'll talk about tortoises LOL.

All the same to my wife unfortunately. You saw my tortoise photos last month..I love a cool looking tort with a little personality. I could talk turtles.

Wow!

Where can I find someone like you??? You have a very lucky wife :)

I have this crazy idea that to make a marriage work you have to put each first. ;) Thanks for the compliment panthercham.

Snowed in...accidents everywhere...roads closed...cars stuck on the road in front of my house....shovel, shovel....strong winds blowing it back where it was just shoveled from....almost typical Canadian weather. It supposed to hit again on Sunday. Merry (white) Christmas to those of you who celebrate it! And for everyone...hope the year ahead is full of good health, good times with good friends....and lots of chameleons!

Back
Top Bottom