Lost my eggs

Wanted to share a video with you guys. Look he came out today, so it took 24hrs for him/her to completly come out of its egg

Last edited:
Be careful that the container doesn't overheat. Did you put a chunk of fruit in to keep the fruit flies in the container? Do you not have some screen you could put over the container?
How are you keeping it?? Lighting, etc?

Be careful that the container doesn't overheat. Did you put a chunk of fruit in to keep the fruit flies in the container? Do you not have some screen you could put over the container?
How are you keeping it?? Lighting, etc?

I live in California and its pretty warm and thought of having the shrink to keep humity up but yes, I still have a screen roll that I can cut for the mean time. I do have a repti 5.0 uvb light tube.

They may not eat for a day or two they have energy stored up from the egg. Their first priority in the wild is to get away from the hatch site and find cover then eat.

I removed the baby into a container its day 2 but I have seen him/her it, placed fruit flies and pin crickets in with a piece of mango.

If you are leaving the insects in the cage it will likely start eating. Make sure the temperature is good to help it's digestion and make sure you mist its cqge gently to encourage drinking. If it still doesn't eat let us know.

If you are leaving the insects in the cage it will likely start eating. Make sure the temperature is good to help it's digestion and make sure you mist its cqge gently to encourage drinking. If it still doesn't eat let us know.

okay, his temperature, I have been controlling it by not going over 82 degrees, I am from California so it getting really warm.

Where are you in CA? There are a ton of keepers there. If you have problems maybe someone lives close. You would be amazed how many chams live in CA

Back
Top Bottom