Looking for new feeders for my Nosy Mitsio Panther

AxelsMum

Hii

I have a fast growing baby Nosy Mitsio Panther Chameleon. We got him at 3 months old very tiny, and he has tripled in size the past month. He is currently 4 months old, weighing in at a whopping 30grams. At this point in time he is eating everything and anything that has movement, he loves to hunt within his cage. I previously had a very picky Deremensis Cham who only liked select feeders, but this little dude is interested in everything. I am looking to expand his diet, so far he is eating crickets, meal worms, hornworms, dubia, and wax worms. I know this cham is going to get way larger than my last so I am interested in what other large feeders everyone is using (once he gets older). Ill post a few photos of him, anything you think he can handle I am willing to try.
Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• P1010035.jpg
    P1010035.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010074.JPG
    P1010074.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 139
  • P1010075.jpg
    P1010075.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 129
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010033.jpg
    P1010033.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 142
BSFL's are amazing. They are great feeders, and when they pupate, the chams go crazy. You have some very blue Nosy Mitsio's! What has your experience with deremensis been like?

:DSuper worms, they gutload really nice too:D

I have been waiting until hes a little bigger for the superworms, only because my past experience with them is that they are a little nasty, biting and spiting a lot. My last cham loved them but he was a lot larger.

Doesnt look like a nosy mitsio. More ambanja to me
I got him from West Coast Chameleon Brothers, and he bred them personally. I got the pick of the litter, biggest alpha they had at 3 months, I've been told his colors are off for the Mistio, but his colors have been changing rapidly, I also have photos of the captive Sire and Dam Sire and the female all pure Mitsios. Im not really concerned on the specific breed i am just happy to see him change and develop so fast. :)

BSFL's are amazing. They are great feeders, and when they pupate, the chams go crazy. You have some very blue Nosy Mitsio's! What has your experience with deremensis been like?

My Mitsio has been changing so fast, in my outdoor sun photos he comes out very blue, but indoors and shade we are seeing a lot of green and yellow like his Sire and Dam Sire.
My deremensis was the BEST chameleon, so friendly, free range, a bit of a picky eater but my experience was wonderful. They are such a sweet breed, loved to hangout on my shoulder (super cute), great personalities, and amazingly green. I was looking to breed him when I had him but couldn't find any healthy females. I went to a few reptile shows and no one had a healthy one, or even familiar with the breed. He ended up getting very ill and I lost him this year :( broke my heart but I am always open to having another.

My Mitsio has been changing so fast, in my outdoor sun photos he comes out very blue, but indoors and shade we are seeing a lot of green and yellow like his Sire and Dam Sire.
My deremensis was the BEST chameleon, so friendly, free range, a bit of a picky eater but my experience was wonderful. They are such a sweet breed, loved to hangout on my shoulder (super cute), great personalities, and amazingly green. I was looking to breed him when I had him but couldn't find any healthy females. I went to a few reptile shows and no one had a healthy one, or even familiar with the breed. He ended up getting very ill and I lost him this year :( broke my heart but I am always open to having another.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I've added in orange head roaches, and have ordered snails from ebay and fed off a few of those after I hatched my own snails from eggs. Mine doesn't seem to be able to catch flies. Silkworms are OK, but their chow stinks IMO. Orange heads smell like a barn too BTW.
Nick Barta will sell you some stick insects if you want to rise them up, also might try mantises.

He is beautiful!!
I feed superworms( they come in all sizes even little tiny ones so any size cham can have them) blue bottle flies, red runner roaches, orange head roaches, snails, green banana roaches, black soldier fly larvae, butterworms, silkworms and Isopods. I buy all of my feeders from rainbowmealworms.net they are a great company!!

Back
Top Bottom