Look who’s here 2 months early, Trident and Falchion babes, jacksonii jacksonii.

Yes, they are screened front and top. I already separated them into 4 totes in groups of three. This species spends a lot of energy trying to get away from their mother and siblings. They don't even stop to eat for a day or two. If they hadn't been early they would be in pairs rather than triples right now. By one month or so they will be in individual totes and then regular cages by 4 months.
Edit: I expect to have them down to pairs in a few days.

Yes, they are screened front and top. I already separated them into 4 totes in groups of three. This species spends a lot of energy trying to get away from their mother and siblings. They don't even stop to eat for a day or two. If they hadn't been early they would be in pairs rather than triples right now. By one month or so they will be in individual totes and then regular cages by 4 months.
Edit: I expect to have them down to pairs in a few days.
So with this species since they have live birth. Does the mother understand that they are her babies or will she try to eat them?

So with this species since they have live birth. Does the mother understand that they are her babies or will she try to eat them?
You have might have a 24-48 hour window before she gets hungry enough to make a mistake. Falchion ate from her feeder this morning so maybe it's a smaller window than that.

The final count is in I have a baker's dozen (13) active fruit fly eating little guys and/or girls. I got them separated into groups of two and three. I can't find the cages I want (thanks COVID) so I will be building more baby cages next week so I can get them down to pairs and singles.

The final count is in I have a baker's dozen (13) active fruit fly eating little guys and/or girls. I got them separated into groups of two and three. I can't find the cages I want (thanks COVID) so I will be building more baby cages next week so I can get them down to pairs and singles.

What types of FFs do you prefer? I am a new FF breeder thanks to dart frogs. Who knew there were so many species and variants! I think I have Golden Hydei, Turkish Gliders, and then reg meg and Hydei.

Golden Hydei but these days I'm grabbing whatever I can get. I really didn't have cultures ready so I'm scrambling at this point. I started several on Wednesday and borrowed a container that's on its last legs while I wait for a shipment. *looks at clock*

Most are in cages of just pairs and one set of 3. They seem like they’re double the size in such a short time.
DD1335EC-FA6B-47BD-A699-FC89E28518B6.jpeg

Wow! Wonderful job! Plus those babies are adorable! This is the first time I have seen this thread since I just started using the forums. ??

I'm pretty sure they do. I caught one of my sub-adult males with a rock in his mouth and had to tug it away from him. I always use ones larger than their head as you know. I feel like they might go for anything shiny so why take a chance.
The rocks also hold the newly planted cuttings in place.

I'm pretty sure they do. I caught one of my sub-adult males with a rock in his mouth and had to tug it away from him. I always use ones larger than their head as you know. I feel like they might go for anything shiny so why take a chance.
The rocks also hold the newly planted cuttings in place.
Good to know... I had no idea that they were tempted by it.

sorry I'm late those are some cute chameleons. I love Jacksons because of there horn it look pretty intimidating if I was a Cham. Living in Florida it would be hard to get the temp drop.

Love these little Jacksons! Like some others have said, I'm also in FL, and while I'd love to have one I know my house just can't get down that cold. I'll just live vicariously through everyone on here!

Most of the year I can get my house or at least cham room down to 60 F over night. In the summer I use the AC to get to 68 F and add an ice pack. People on the fb groups are using a small fan with a compartment for ice to get their night time drop. I keep gel ice packs in my freezer to use in case of power or AC failure. I just set them on the top of the cage and let the cold descend.
The fans are like this one AERZETIX-Rechageable-Water-Cooled-Conditioner it should boost humidity at the same time. win win

Back
Top Bottom