Look who’s here 2 months early, Trident and Falchion babes, jacksonii jacksonii.

Finally got the last of the cages built and all but 2 have private rooms.
2D5DF326-3122-4C7E-BE9F-9A95E957884E.jpeg

I wish I knew. They all have some kind of horns at this time. Which ones will grow robust horns and which will grow single or delicate horns is just guess work at this time. There are at least three that display red throats like their mother when eating or disturbed that I suspect maybe female but I'm just guessing. They have shown it since birth. It may not be a dimorphic characteristic at all. Until they begin to get some kind of penile bulge I can only speculate.
I also suspect but cannot prove a blue line just below the jaw line maybe an early indicator for males. I'm tracking them to see if that plays out. They are just beginning to show hints of blue as they shed. It doesn't show in any photos. I's too subtle.

Hello these babies are beautiful! It’s been months and would love to see an update on these. I’m currently looking for a Jackson baby to adopt. I love your set up and to see it is so inspiring. I’ve always loved the Jackson chameleon growing up for it reminded me of a triceratops only because of its horns of course and I absolutely loved Dino’s growing up. I wasn’t able to get one as a child but I can now. My girlfriend and me have been wanting to get another critter to love and cherish. She fell in love with a Jackson at a petco and I couldn’t have gotten more excited. Payday came around when we went back the little guy had been adopted already. She was upset but we looked at the glass half full and was happy he was in a real home and no longer at petco. Afterwards I just came home and did a load of research and ultimately I found my way here to all these amazing threads with amazing people that own amazingly beautiful chameleons of all shapes, sizes, and species. I absolutely can’t wait to adopt a little critter and love him/her for their whole life and to join the Cham community. I personally want to use a reptibreeze starter kit to house them initially as I build and sculpt a masterpiece of a home for him/her. I live in DFW and I was told Dallas has a nice and large reptile store with all sorts of custom built cages and equipment as well as a selection of critters and food too and the entire store is for reptiles exclusively so I may have to check out their products first however I think building my own bioactive vivarium the Cham I adopt. I absolutely love watching serpadesign on YouTube for his vivariums, paludariums, and terrariums. I’m big into plants and have loads of them that I could stock a nice large tank right from the start to achieve a fuller look while still leaving plenty of room to grow in.

Screen shot 2021-02-09 at 3.37.31 PM.png

Here is their family tree as I know it. It looks like I have more males than females so far. I have 3 I'm positive are female and 6 that are clearly male. There are 4 of the smaller ones that I'm waiting to be sure. They are now old enough to go to homes in the US weather permitting. 'I will try to post some of their pictures soon.

View attachment 293947
Here is their family tree as I know it. It looks like I have more males than females so far. I have 3 I'm positive are female and 6 that are clearly male. There are 4 of the smaller ones that I'm waiting to be sure. They are now old enough to go to homes in the US weather permitting. 'I will try to post some of their pictures soon.
They are just gorgeous! I love the blue on Trident and it absolutely makes sense that his name is Trident. I live in DFW Texas and from what I’ve researched is Texas has a pretty stable climate to control for Jackson’s. I know personally I’d be able to achieve the 65 drop and could get even lower if needed. I also think it goes without saying I can definitely achieve any degree of heat in Texas lol. I would be so happy to get one of the male Jackson’s. Another big no actually HUGE reason I loved Jackson’s growing up and my whole life so far is for Liz in Magic School Bus! Liz was definitely the best part of the show. My girlfriends favorite colors are blue and yellow so if the babies colors resemble tridents she will just go crazy. Our birthdays are in March mine the 18th hers the 31st, so this will kinda be our gift to ourselves however it’s really more of mine for her bc it’s kind of a surprise.

Hello these babies are beautiful! It’s been months and would love to see an update on these. I’m currently looking for a Jackson baby to adopt. I love your set up and to see it is so inspiring. I’ve always loved the Jackson chameleon growing up for it reminded me of a triceratops only because of its horns of course and I absolutely loved Dino’s growing up. I wasn’t able to get one as a child but I can now. My girlfriend and me have been wanting to get another critter to love and cherish. She fell in love with a Jackson at a petco and I couldn’t have gotten more excited. Payday came around when we went back the little guy had been adopted already. She was upset but we looked at the glass half full and was happy he was in a real home and no longer at petco. Afterwards I just came home and did a load of research and ultimately I found my way here to all these amazing threads with amazing people that own amazingly beautiful chameleons of all shapes, sizes, and species. I absolutely can’t wait to adopt a little critter and love him/her for their whole life and to join the Cham community. I personally want to use a reptibreeze starter kit to house them initially as I build and sculpt a masterpiece of a home for him/her. I live in DFW and I was told Dallas has a nice and large reptile store with all sorts of custom built cages and equipment as well as a selection of critters and food too and the entire store is for reptiles exclusively so I may have to check out their products first however I think building my own bioactive vivarium the Cham I adopt. I absolutely love watching serpadesign on YouTube for his vivariums, paludariums, and terrariums. I’m big into plants and have loads of them that I could stock a nice large tank right from the start to achieve a fuller look while still leaving plenty of room to grow in.
Hi and welcome! :) Before you go out and buy anything I’d strongly suggest reading thru all of these modules https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/. Then when you’re done, check out thishttps://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/
There’s so very much misinformation out there on keeping chameleons and Chameleon Academy is the most accurate and up to date source there is.

View attachment 293947
Oh is that sejuani’s birthday!!!

I live in DFW and I was told Dallas has a nice and large reptile store with all sorts of custom built cages and equipment as well as a selection of critters and food too and the entire store is for reptiles exclusively so I may have to check out their products first
Hi! I also live in the DFW area, are you speaking of the DFW Reptarium? I would highly suggest steering clear of them, most especially if you are looking for a cham/anything cham related. In dec. I got my very first chameleon from the DFW Reptarium after researching the hobby for years, ensuring my husbandry was spot on, and was completely ready for the commitment of caring for a chameleon. I was lied to and was sold a sick, or at the very least unhealthy, hatchling who unfortunately passed less than a month after I took him home. They lied to me telling me he was 3 months old (which I had to ask multiple times before I got a straight answer) when in fact he was no older than 1 month old. I did everything I could to help him, but it was already much too late and I had to watch him suffer until he finally passed on. When I went back to confront them and try to get the truth, they blatantly lied to my face, yelled & cursed at me, and treated me with zero respect. The DFW Reptarium is nice if you're simply looking around at the pretty animals or getting feeders (if you get lucky you may get a good batch, if not then they'll give you the wrong size and say sucks to suck), but definitely not anything chameleon related; they're nothing more than a storefront with overpriced goods that will do anything they can to squeeze as much money out of you as possible. Anyways, apologies for the rant but I just thought maybe it would be useful information, and prevent potentially wasting your money and time.

Back
Top Bottom