Look what I woke up to! 65 eggs!!!

chamcrazy

Her 1st clutch and she layed 65 eggs??? Whew! Most look pretty healthy to me, but I am not an expert by any means. Most are bright white, a few with a dingy yellowish color but no dents.

So do they look healthy to you?

When will I be able tell if they are fertile by seeing veins when held hold up to a light? (They should be fertile. My male and female copulated on July 6th.) Keep your fingers crossed.

What are the recommended humidity levels?

Thank you in advance for ANY opinions or input. I need all the help I can get. I am absolutely positively OBSESSED with my veileds.

Attachments

• IMG_0307noel-eggs.jpg
    IMG_0307noel-eggs.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0305noel-eggs.jpg
    IMG_0305noel-eggs.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0312noel-eggs.jpg
    IMG_0312noel-eggs.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0309noel-eggs.jpg
    IMG_0309noel-eggs.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 271
Congratulations to the proud parents!!!! Are you keeping them in an incubator? If you are, we keep ours at exactly 78% and so far have had 100% hatch rate. If you have any other questions let me know. I'm not in charge of that stuff, hubby is, so i will ask him for you. Give the girl a cricket, or two, or three. Heck give her the whole thing for that many! lol.

Debby

They dont all look good to me. Youll know by after a couple of months. Is that enclosure her permanent housing?

They dont all look good to me. Youll know by after a couple of months. Is that enclosure her permanent housing?

No, that was just her egg laying chamber. It was small enough to give her privacy and large enough to lay her eggs. She is in her normal (giant) mesh cage now.

Back
Top Bottom